Update issue?

Forum for Roland's System-8 synthesizer
richardbates1

Re: Update issue?

Post by richardbates1 »

rsaintjohn wrote:Reply from Support: "This is something we are aware of and the engineers are working on a fix."
I have let them know because this is a real frustrating bug and others on System8 Facebook page have reported similar problems.There is something really wrong with the new OS. It only takes time for it to materialize over and over again
d.j.steve

Post by d.j.steve »

The sound form JU-06 Boutique is deeper, better and the sub osc like a real 106.

System8 Super Saw dont like so massive and brilliant no shimmer like JP8000(Stereo SuperSaw).....
PWM are many "aliasing" in higher Notes.

Please....Effect Slot better Stereo Delay / Stereo Hall Sound and fine tune.

Step Seq following to Keyboardplay.

I wonder why system 8 sound not so good and all osc are "aliasing" and dirty digital Noise in higher Notes!

All OSC, PWM and Super Saw are sample(Waveloop) DSP?

Come on Roland, you can make it better!
Manic

Post by Manic »

I also reported the "mono-legato-tweak-cut" bug, but Japan replied thay they where aware and might or might not fix this bug in a future update. So they don't want to promise a fix...

I also reporte the "color-mod-by-lfo-is-always-sinewave" issue, but they responded it is not a bug, but it's designed to be always a sinewave. So it's like a dedicated lfo, but with a rate locked to the regular lfo.
So don't expect a "fix" there.
rsaintjohn

Post by rsaintjohn »

Nhanyaro wrote: I've also noticed that if you select LFO as modulator of the color parameter, it always responds to a sine wave, regardless the wave you selected in the LFO secction. (If you select variation 2 on LFO, applies the sine x2)
I had thought the same, and I discussed this with Roland Support last month. Digging deeper, we agreed that it is not a bug. The manual says:
[MOD] knob - LFO - "The sound varies over time at the rate specified in the LFO section"
There's no indication that there was some intention that the "shape" of the modulation should be based on the type of LFO waveform. Just the rate.
Manic

Post by Manic »

d.j.steve wrote:The sound form JU-06 Boutique is deeper, better and the sub osc like a real 106.

System8 Super Saw dont like so massive and brilliant no shimmer like JP8000(Stereo SuperSaw).....
PWM are many "aliasing" in higher Notes.

Please....Effect Slot better Stereo Delay / Stereo Hall Sound and fine tune.

Step Seq following to Keyboardplay.

I wonder why system 8 sound not so good and all osc are "aliasing" and dirty digital Noise in higher Notes!

All OSC, PWM and Super Saw are sample(Waveloop) DSP?

Come on Roland, you can make it better!
Can you give sound examples of what you mean with "aliasing?"
QmusicRAZZ

Post by QmusicRAZZ »

There are 3 or 4 significant bugs going on. Roland will hopefully get this cleaned up in the next OS. I know some seem universal and some seem unique to that person's unit. I guess I will find out this week. Mine will be here today.
QmusicRAZZ

Post by QmusicRAZZ »

Hey guys just got the System 8. The OS is 1.11 but no Juno 106. Do I have to load this separately from the Roland site? Thanks
rsaintjohn

Post by rsaintjohn »

You probably need to finish the process and do a factory reset. Since you just got it, you might as well do an "ALL" factory reset to make sure all your patches are updated. From the download page:

The JUNO-106 PLUG-OUT is preloaded onto the [PLUG-OUT 2] button.
* To load JUNO-106 tone data, a factory reset after updating is required. Follow the procedure in "Updating the Tone Data" to select the target item for the factory reset ("ALL" or "PLUG-OUT 2") and execute the factory reset.

Press the [MENU] button.
Use the Cursor buttons to select "UTILITY," and then press the [ENTER] button.
Use the cursor buttons to select "FACTORY RESET," and then press the [ENTER] button.
Use the [VALUE] knob to select the item that you want to factory-reset.

ALL :
All of the SYSTEM-8's settings/patches/performances, including PLUG-OUT 1 - 3, are reset to their factory-set state.

EXCEPT PLUGOUT :
Only the SYSTEM-8's settings/patches/performances, and not PLUG-OUT 1 - 3, are reset to their factory-set state.

SYSTEM-8 PATCH :
Only the SYSTEM-8's patches are reset to their factory-set state.
PLUG-OUT 1 :
PLUG-OUT 2 :
PLUG-OUT 3 :
This returns only the Patches of synthesizers installed at PLUG-OUT 1 though 3 to their factory defaults.

Press the [ENTER] button.
The message "Factory Reset?" is displayed. Press the [ENTER] button.

When the factory reset has finished, the message "Completed. Turn off power." is displayed.

Turn the power of the SYSTEM-8 off, then on again.