Which new PLUG-OUTS would you like to see for the System-8?

Forum for Roland's System-8 synthesizer
skinmechanic

Re: Which new PLUG-OUTS would you like to see for the System

Post by skinmechanic »

Sorry yes BMC got muddled up on my last post that's where i saw it.
jerry_merry

Post by jerry_merry »

skinmechanic wrote:Actually just seen inside a System 8 machine and under the hood there are three chips and it seems they've changed the name of them. On the system 1 the chip was called an ACB chip. However in the system 8, they've changed them to BCB and found that stands for behavioural circuit behaviour. So my guess is that they no longer have the constraints of Analogue synth engines, so we expect to see some Digital Synth plug-outs or the intention is there for sure.

To be precise. The technology is called ACB (Analogue Circuit Behaviour) and is shared across the aira, boutiques, and System 1 and 8.

The chips in older Aira, boutiques etc etc is the ESC2 (this also powers EFX and SuperNatural options Such as in the JD-XA and Integra-7)

The chip in the system 8 the more powerful BMC (behaviour modelling characteristic) chip and has also been used in some of Roland's Piano range.

And back on topic and its cheese - but I really want a JX-8P plugout......I loved that synth so much I had two, and then sold them for MKS-70..........
Moogerfoogers

Post by Moogerfoogers »

D50 and CS80
Jupiter468

Post by Jupiter468 »

JX - 3P / 8P
Juno - 60 / Alpha
Jupiter - 4 / 6
CesarsoundOne

Post by CesarsoundOne »

CASIO MT-68 and VL-1
papa-san

Post by papa-san »

My opinion is they should do the MKS-80 Super Jupiter. The MKS-80 was basically an upgraded JP-8 with the JP-6 VCOs and a few other bits. It was a great machine and if it wasn't for the fact that at the time it came out I had a JP-6 I would have bought one.
Manic

Post by Manic »

I'm kind of surprised there still is no extra plug-out released for the S8 yet..
zombietactics

Post by zombietactics »

Manic wrote:I'm kind of surprised there still is no extra plug-out released for the S8 yet..
Roland reps have dropped hints in some other forums to the effect that "an announcement is coming soon" ... let's hope that holds true.

Continued plug-out support is a key factor (for me) in making the decision to upgrade from a System-1 to a System-8. If there are not at least 2-3 more polyphonic synths added to the list ... really drops the value of the proposition for me considerably.
Manic

Post by Manic »

I read on the fb page Roland Cloud that they are planning to recreate EVERY vintage synth! D-50 is high on the list
runningman67

Post by runningman67 »

It's all a bonus. The D50 would be cherry on top of the cherry.
I think that the Aira link will keep Roland updating the S8.