Roland Cloud

Post by richardbates1 »

Roland has a new service called Roland Cloud
Check it out and give your impressions
https://www.rolandcloud.com/
rsaintjohn

Re: Roland Cloud

Post by rsaintjohn »

I've been in as a tester and user since it was in alpha. It's got a lot of potential and the libraries released for Concerto so far -- "Anthology 1987" (the D-50) and the "Tera Piano" are impressive. The recent addition of the System-1 plug-outs was a really nice surprise, though I already owned them. But I'm really looking forward to see where this goes. There is eventually supposed to be some sort of community/social aspect, and the addition (I think) of the "RainLink" technology that Roland is just now starting to talk about. So at the moment, it's just a collection of great, online accessible VSTs, but it's going to have to go much further to be as revolutionary as they're promoting it to be.
skinmechanic

Post by skinmechanic »

Nice concept - although the D50 "Deeply Sampled" plugin, what does that actually mean? I've already got the D50 plugin with the Infinity plugin and the LA-50 expansion for it which sounds excellent.
DaveInSanFran

Post by DaveInSanFran »

Interesting... I logged in this morning and opened a 1-month trial account. I don't see the D-50. (Edit: Just ignore me - I see it now.) I'll be curious to see if I can truly plug out the Aira plugouts to the the System-8 and disconnect from the computer...

I haven't looked at monthly fees yet, but they will need more products there to justify the expense for a hobbyist. (I sadly have time to play on weekends only.)
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

DaveInSanFran wrote:Interesting... I logged in this morning and opened a 1-month trial account. I don't see the D-50. (Edit: Just ignore me - I see it now.) I'll be curious to see if I can truly plug out the Aira plugouts to the the System-8 and disconnect from the computer...
It crashes my DAW when I try to load the Roland Cloud plug-outs to the System8.
I wonder if that is a bug or it is intentional by Roland??
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

I went to the Roland cloud this morning and there are some new synths.
One of the new synths is the Anthology 1985, which I assume are the Juno1&2/JX series?,
there is volume 1 and 2.
Could the volume 1 be the Juno1&2? and the volume 2 be the JX8P or the JX10??
Manic

Post by Manic »

They are talking about the 'hoover' sound etc. so I suppose it is indeed (also) a recreation of the Alpha Juno 1/2. But it is in fact 'deep-sampling' technology instead ACB technology they used, so I don't think they will implement it into the System 1/8..

https://www.rolandcloud.com/instruments/anthology