Line 6 POD HD-500x on synths.

Forum for Roland's System-8 synthesizer
QmusicRAZZ

Line 6 POD HD-500x on synths.

Post by QmusicRAZZ »

Any thought on using the Line 6 POD HD-500X on my System 8. I have gone back and forth on this.

I love the Strymon pedals and Electro Harmonix stuff looks good. The Leslie brand digital pedal looks really good as well. But one recurring theme. They need a pedal board, patch cables, and more money for the purchase of individual pedals. The EH stuff is a bit cheaper though.

I want a decent shimmer reverb, maybe a phaser, and a decent Leslie for one of the S8's organ patches. Of course delays, reverbs, and choruses are always nice. I also want to experiment with writing a good distorted guitar patch.

I like the idea of a clean stereo pedal to bring up presets for live but with a good quality for studio. I mean I am a keyboard player and we like clean.

I know I can get pretty far with the on board effects of the S8. But I will never get a good Leslie and the S8 effects are so-so. I find myself using my Behringer mixer for help to add depth.

The one pedal that will not be had on the Line 6 is the Strymon Deco, which I was hoping would add an analog vibe to the S8. But maybe that is the wrong pedal for this hope.

So what do we think? Thanks.
zombietactics

Re: Line 6 POD HD-500x on synths.

Post by zombietactics »

Look into Behringer's FX2000 https://www.music-group.com/Categories/ ... 00/p/P0A3P

and the Zoom MS-70CDR https://www.zoom-na.com/products/guitar ... verb-pedal

both of these are probably better suited to your needs, that the (much more expensive) Line-6 HD-500x
QmusicRAZZ

Re: Line 6 POD HD-500x on synths.

Post by QmusicRAZZ »

Thank-you. I actually have the Behringer unit in my studio. It is an amazing unit for the price. I even use the compressor on the vocal recordings coming in. I was looking for an all in one performance style multi pedal. I guess I should have mentioned that it will be performing double duty for my guitar rigs as well. I just have not figured out if I should run the pedal in an effects loop, after my mixer, or just use it on one rig at a time. And in my usual go big or go home/all or nothing way of doing things, I have moved up the food chain to maybe the Line 6 Helix price range.