Wish List...

Forum for Roland's System-8 synthesizer
andyr1960

Wish List...

Post by andyr1960 »

I've just bought the System 8 :) I've been waiting for a decent replacement for my old JP8000 for years. The Supernatural Synth Engines on the Jup 80/50, Gaia etc, were well below par with dreadful aliasing problems on the PWM and Supersaw and no "free running" oscillators.

There's just one or two things I'd like to see, that could be done to improve the S8

1. Saving a performance should save any edits but leave the reference presets alone (the JP8000 did this perfectly)

2. Additional Saw and Square waves on oscillator 3/Sub would make a huge difference.

3. Independent LFO/Env modulation routing to either Osc 1 or 2.

Apart from that, the S8 is almost perfect for my needs - I love the fact that ring mod and sync can be used simultaneously without aliasing. I initially though the Plug-Out idea was a bit of a gimmick, but I've been seriously impressed with the Jupiter 8 engine - I don't know why, but it sounds much better than the Boutique JP-08, which I'll now sell.

I'm looking forward to see what Roland does with this platform.
system 8 Beta User

Re: Wish List...

Post by system 8 Beta User »

Yes, sure...wainting for a better OS for System 8 and more fuktion for shift button! Better Patch save for SD Card! Look at new Novation Peak! Roland support are very bad :(

1. Saving a performance should save any edits but leave the reference presets alone (the JP8000 did this perfectly)

2. Additional Saw and Square waves on oscillator 3/Sub would make a huge difference.

3. Independent LFO/Env modulation routing to either Osc 1 or 2.

4. 2 LFO to PAN L/R AMP for Stereo

5. Juno 1 & 2 Chorus for System 8 and Jupiter 8

6. Save Patches to SD Chart for 16 signs digits..not 12 signs digits

7. 1,2 & 3 FX Delay more edit in Menü and better quality and for all plug out Sh 101, Sh 02 usw

8. Seq edit Play to Keyboard in tune

9. more Patch Slot not 64, Shift hold 128 Patch ;)

10. New Controller Midi CC for Midi Learn, not working all in DAW for VST Plugins. Rename and edit in Menü
system 8 Beta User

Post by system 8 Beta User »

Memory from vocoder settings to Patch! like Roland Jd Xi !
Jupiter468

Post by Jupiter468 »

system 8 Beta User wrote:Yes, sure...wainting for a better OS for System 8 and more fuktion for shift button! Better Patch save for SD Card! Look at new Novation Peak! Roland support are very bad :(
11. Shift button + ??? button = effects bypass (on/off) button (JDXA, JDXi)!