axial / new user patches

Forum for Roland's System-8 synthesizer
Acidizer

axial / new user patches

Post by Acidizer »

i keep checking the axial site for some new system-8 soundbanks. but nothing so far.

does anyone know if they are planning on giving the S8 its own section on the axial site?

gattobus says he has developed spare patches that are not in the S8.

does anyone make/share/sell their own custom patches? and how would this work? SD card?

the SH101 has additional custom patches available and a librarian. i guess the S8/JP/JU plug-outs need their own librarians first?
rsaintjohn

Re: axial / new user patches

Post by rsaintjohn »

Acidizer wrote:the SH101 has additional custom patches available and a librarian. i guess the S8/JP/JU plug-outs need their own librarians first?
Someone could always create a multi-patch file containing multiple patches for a particular synth, or even a file with multiple performances using multiple synths. The latter would get a bit hairy, since it would depend on patches being slotted to particular locations. But I don't think I've seen anyone do it yet, and don't know if Roland will add S8 to the Axial mix.

Right now, using them would require the SD card, and the user would have to be able to transfer the download to the SD card, in order to load them onto the S8. Cumbersome, and no way to really audition them. It would really only be a good experience with the patch manager function found in the S1 plug-outs, and that's not in the S8 plug-outs that they put out on Cloud.

If Roland or 3rd party patch bundles is going to happen, Roland needs to provide a librarian to make it work well.
system 8 Beta User

Post by system 8 Beta User »

Nothing has happened, Roland must find a solution to get out of this gridlock for System 8 (1550€).

Roland JD Xi (500€) has many good things to offer! Best the best value for their money.
Acidizer

Post by Acidizer »

the JDXA librarian came later in its life i believe.

roland seem to drag their heels, but usually deliver. JDXI got a meaty update not too long ago. it's like they space the goodies out to keep users engaged.

surely they will get up to speed with the system-1 eventually? especially since this is the flagship.

had fun mixing and matching patches from the 101's 'original' soundbank and the mathew jonson soundbank, using the librarian there - so there's more killer, less filler. want to do the same with the poly plug-outs.

come on roland!

there are people out there already with pacthes ready to go...
andyr1960

Post by andyr1960 »

I'm still exploring the extra plug-outs, so I'm in no rush for any major updates yet - although it would be nice if the mono plug-outs were tweaked to be polyphonic on the System 8. I can't see any reason why they shouldn't be... A poly System-100 would really make my day.
skinmechanic

Post by skinmechanic »

If they did they would charge again for them as the way they've been coded and written they would need full rewrites depends what the demand is.

The thing with the System 8, the majority of publications haven't even bothered to review it, other products released at the same time have had reviews and more time. I would have liked to have seen Roland release another Plug Out you could buy for the system 8 during Messe or Musicbooth last month the JX3P Boutique synth's code is already there they just need to either release it as a plugout for the System 8 or what I think they will do is create a JX8 plugout instead. They seem to be concentrating though on getting revenue streams in for their Roland Cloud service which is way way too expensive.