I've just purchased a System-8 so my System-1 is surplus

Forum for Roland's System-8 synthesizer
kal1

I've just purchased a System-8 so my System-1 is surplus

Post by kal1 »

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum so if I have messed up putting this here then please feel free to delete the post.

I'm just wondering what the procedure for selling a System-1 is if you registered it to use the SH-101 plug out? I purchased a System-8 a few weeks ago and I am led to believe that you can install the SH-101 plug out on the System-8 which makes my System-1 pointless to a degree. So I'd like to sell it and let someone else enjoy it.

I've looked in the account section of the content store but can't seem to find anything that removes it from my account, other than a section that allows you to remove activated computers from the account.

Thanks for your help :)
cello

Re: I've just purchased a System-8 so my System-1 is surplus

Post by cello »

Welcome to the Clan :)

Plugouts remain yours to install on other machines, so you will be able to install that on your System-8 no problem.

You can sell your System-1 with the plugout installed. However should the new owner ever need to do a factory reset, (s)he will lose the plugout and will not be able to re-install unless they buy their own one.
kal1

Re: I've just purchased a System-8 so my System-1 is surplus

Post by kal1 »

Hey thanks for that. It seems like an odd way of doing things though.

I tried getting support for it from Roland Australia however they either didn't want to or couldn't understand what I was asking them.