System-8 vs Blofeld?

Forum for Roland's System-8 synthesizer
buffer

Re: System-8 vs Blofeld?

Post by buffer »

skinmechanic wrote:Actually if you want to hear a track which features heavily the System 8 (Juno 106 Plugout engine) and the Studiologic Sledge then listen to the below ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lT3MaoARz4
very nice song!
skinmechanic

Post by skinmechanic »

The main Synth lead is a SAW type sound which is the Juno 106 pullout, it also does the brass type chords and a few low end stuff. The Sledge was used for some of the string sounds and Bell sounds again I added something to the Juno106 lead sound, makes it much more powerful combining them both. The bass sound is the only thing not taken from these two synth it was a Novation bass station 2,
proteus-ix

Post by proteus-ix »

skinmechanic wrote:The sledge is a dream to program the layout is very much Moog too, full size knobs. There are some good Sledge Black Edition videos on youtube which show the new LFO sync capabilities and showcases some of the complex movement of sounds the Sledge can do. It's not the most complex of Synth Engines, but have to say it's one of the most enjoyable to program and actually you learn a fair bit about programming a synth through it (I Certainly did).
I was looking at the Sledge but just wasn't impressed with ANY of the sounds I heard from it in like 20 YT vids and the audio demos on the product page. That's when I finally decided it was time for a Sys8, which hopefully will arrive this week. I had played one about a year and a half ago for about 30 minutes, and the whole time it was just a breeze to make great-sounding, useable patches. In fact I would pick a preset, tweak it, and write a melody, chord progression or bassline in like 45 seconds, then on to the next one, over and over for 30 minutes. I'm guessing the Sledge is just as easy to program, but I couldn't get convinced about the sound. Plus I've always wanted an SH-101, so now I get the best of all vintage Roland worlds.