System-8 software (cloud only?)

Forum for Roland's System-8 synthesizer
DaveInSanFran

System-8 software (cloud only?)

Post by DaveInSanFran »

Has anyone heard whether the System-8 SOFTWARE synth (VST) will be made available to keyboard owners? I'd love to use it for patch management and editing, but I can't justify the full cloud subscription at this time.
Bassmonster

Re: System-8 software (cloud only?)

Post by Bassmonster »

The cloud is a waste of time for those of us using the system 8. I logged in with the free trial one time and never did again. Having to plug in a laptop into your synth is pointless. I bought the system 8 so I would not need to use a laptop.
mimoid

Post by mimoid »

Bassmonster wrote:The cloud is a waste of time for those of us using the system 8. I logged in with the free trial one time and never did again. Having to plug in a laptop into your synth is pointless. I bought the system 8 so I would not need to use a laptop.
To say that it is a waste of time is quite an exaggeration. The cloud service may be pointless for some people (like you), but it is invaluable for others (like me). I actually ended up selling both my System-1 and System-8 hardware as I have them both ITB now. I actually enjoy using computers and DAW's for my music, but then I never go out gigging any more and work exclusively in the studio. Other people think otherwise. It's a diverse world!
DaveInSanFran

Post by DaveInSanFran »

It may be better to say that Roland Cloud offers little value to System-1 or System-8 hardware owners.

Plug-outs are available for free trial, and are discounted for current owners. One would expect this practice to continue for all System-8 compatible products.

I'm not interested in using the software version as a stand-alone virtual instrument or with a DAW, but rather as a patch and library management tool. It's a much easier way to examine and tweak presets than "Shift-touch" every control on the keyboard to check values.
rcmusic35

Post by rcmusic35 »

We need a system 8 librarian (out of roland cloud). The system 8 (so with the librarian) should be given to all system 8 owner... really a shame.....and we are still, i guess, waiting for system 8 owners special offer......