Great things for System8 this summer

Forum for Roland's System-8 synthesizer
richardbates1

Great things for System8 this summer

Post by richardbates1 »

The SYSTEM-8 is one of the most powerful and flexible synthesizers we've ever made. As a token of our appreciation to SYSTEM-8 users everywhere, we'd like to say a little about the big things in store over the coming months.

Starting with the release of Version 1.2, and continuing throughout the summer, we're delivering updates that bring new oscillators, new filters, a new polyphonic PLUG-OUT synth, exciting Roland Cloud news, and more. We'll also release a string of artist-crafted sounds that take advantage of these great new features.

So let's dive right in. Check out the new sounds of the awesome and inspiring SYSTEM-8 version 1.2 update, available now!
zombietactics

Re: Great things for System8 this summer

Post by zombietactics »

Clearly they don't support this instrument anymore. /sarcasm
raymond

Post by raymond »

Wow! I wonder what the polyphonic plug-out synth will be?

Any guesses as to whether it will be a vintage recreation or something new?
rcmusic35

Post by rcmusic35 »

shit we need another plugout slot ;-))) kidding
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

raymond wrote:Wow! I wonder what the polyphonic plug-out synth will be?

Any guesses as to whether it will be a vintage recreation or something new?
My guess and I am only guessing is that the next Plug-out synth might be either the JX3P or JX8P
papasan

Post by papasan »

I was thinking the firmware update was a prerequisite for a new plug-out. My vote would be for the JX8P. The JX3P never really grabbed me.
tomoe97

Post by tomoe97 »

This is really great news! I'm really enjoying the new update! Here's hoping that System-8 owners either get a break on Roland Cloud subscriptions or are given a discounted pathway to purchase the System-8/Jupiter-8/Juno-106 plugout editors. Doing so would be a smart way to boost sales, esp. since the System-8 is a bit overpriced for the market.
orgeltummel

Post by orgeltummel »

Do You anything about when this new plug out will be available?
jerry_merry

Post by jerry_merry »

orgeltummel wrote:Do You anything about when this new plug out will be available?
This summer.
skinmechanic

Post by skinmechanic »

In the autumn there will be a new flagship synth which will have both ACB and DCB technology to allow analogue and digital based plug outs in one unit, not sure on the form factor but it will be coming in answer to Korg’s prologue when they allow you to design your own oscillators later this year for it on their 2nd engine and the Dave Smith Prophet X
Manic

Post by Manic »

skinmechanic wrote:In the autumn there will be a new flagship synth which will have both ACB and DCB technology to allow analogue and digital based plug outs in one unit, not sure on the form factor but it will be coming in answer to Korg’s prologue when they allow you to design your own oscillators later this year for it on their 2nd engine and the Dave Smith Prophet X
I hope you're wrong to be honest. The S8 is just getting started!!
papasan

Post by papasan »

By your the description of ACB and DCB the product sounds like a JD-X? type of product.

IMO, there's nothing the Korg Prologue does that needs an answer from Roland. The S-8 handily beats the pants off of it in every way except the ability to load your wave forms and, you know, that's really insignificant when you look at the sonic palette of the S-8.
zombietactics

Post by zombietactics »

skinmechanic wrote:In the autumn there will be a new flagship synth which will have both ACB and DCB technology to allow analogue and digital based plug outs in one unit, not sure on the form factor but it will be coming in answer to Korg’s prologue when they allow you to design your own oscillators later this year for it on their 2nd engine and the Dave Smith Prophet X
Is this a guess or do you have knowledge from some authoritative source?