please help...can't load plug outs?????????

Forum for Roland's System-8 synthesizer
touchcircle

please help...can't load plug outs?????????

Post by touchcircle »

the drivers seem to be installed and there but I can't change the plug outs. Logic does not see the system8. How do I change plug outs????????????? I can't find any videos or anything in any manul on how to install new plug outs or change current plugs outs. Are there any videos or any manuls they explain exactly how to change plug outs. Had the synth and can't get it to work....very frustrated with the system8.
pstnotpd

Re: please help...can't load plug outs?????????

Post by pstnotpd »

You'll need VST3 (don't have logic so I don't know if it is supported)

You can also check this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53928#p307379
Stormchild

Re: please help...can't load plug outs?????????

Post by Stormchild »

touchcircle wrote:the drivers seem to be installed and there but I can't change the plug outs. Logic does not see the system8. How do I change plug outs????????????? I can't find any videos or anything in any manul on how to install new plug outs or change current plugs outs. Are there any videos or any manuls they explain exactly how to change plug outs. Had the synth and can't get it to work....very frustrated with the system8.
You can either purchase plugouts individually or sign up for Roland Cloud (there’s a free trial if you want to check it out first). Once those are installed, you can load them up in your DAW (yes, Logic is supported; the plugins are available on the Mac as both AU and VST3), then click the Plugout button to send the plugin to your System-8. Before you can do that, you need to go into the Option menu in the plugin, choose Setup, then select “System-8 Control” as both the input and output. This is required for sending plugins, banks, and patches to your System-8.

Let me know if you need more details.