Effects Levels With Patch Switching On The RD-88

Stage Pianos
Baboso

Effects Levels With Patch Switching On The RD-88

Post by Baboso »

Whenever I adjust the effects level of a patch using the effects adjust knobs, the value that I adjusted to remains at that level even when I switch to another patch. Like if I turn the reverb down to like 10, then it remains at that level even when I switch to another patch. I’ve never seen this before with any other keyboard that I've ever used. With every keyboard I've ever used, any adjustments that you make to a patch are nullified when you switch to a different patch, and the default settings of the new patch are now implemented, and your changes to the previous patch are lost unless you save that patch before switching to another patch. But with the RD-88, any adjustments that you make with the effects knobs affects any other patch that you call up after that. This is actually very undesirable for me. And the only way I see to clear the effects settings to their default levels is to turn the keyboard off, then on again. I realize that you can create your own scenes with the settings that you want and just call them up when you need them. But if I make an adjustment to a patch, I want it to affect that patch only, and not any subsequent patches that I call up after that. I’ve scoured the manuals, but I can’t find a way to turn that setting off and have each patch revert to it’s default values when you call it up. Honestly, I don’t think that can be changed. But I’m just putting it out here in case anyone has a similar issue or solution. Thanks!