List of all Tones and Scenes for RD-88 (Excel)

Stage Pianos
jamietopol

List of all Tones and Scenes for RD-88 (Excel)

Post by jamietopol »

While waiting for my RD-88 to arrive, I downloaded the Sound List PDF and copied everything into an Excel spreadsheet.
There are 3 tabs in the spreadsheet:

The Scenes tab lists all 400 scenes and includes 6 columns of data copied from the PDF (Number, Category, Scene_Name, MSB, LSB, & PC). I also added a "Notes" column but haven't put much information in it yet.

The Tones tab lists all 3,799(!) tones and includes 7 columns of data copied from the PDF (Bank, Number, Tone Name, MSB, LSB, PC, & Category). I also added a "Sort" column (this can be used to get the rows of data back into the same order they are printed in the PDF), and a "Notes" column.
You can add filters to each column (in Excel or if you import the file into Google Docs). This tab is very helpful because similar tones are scattered across multiple banks. For example, there are 29 different "sax" tones scattered across 3 different Banks. There are over 80 acoustic piano tones scattered across 6 different banks. If you are trying to find the best tone for a particular song, this tab will be very helpful.

The Favorites tab is blank. You can use this to record your 100 favorites.
Attachments
Roland RD-88 Tones and Scenes.xlsx
(209.84 KiB) Downloaded 1013 times
Player

Re: List of all Tones and Scenes for RD-88 (Excel)

Post by Player »

This is so excellent!!! Thank you!! - Loretta
Player

Re: List of all Tones and Scenes for RD-88 (Excel)

Post by Player »

And, if anyone is interested in a little explanation apart from the official documentation and this most excellent spreadsheet, I created a couple of articles to explain some aspects. I'm a visual learner, so there are some snips of the RD-88 display window to maybe clarify some things for some people. Visit or ignore as desired!

https://spinditty.com/instruments-gear/ ... ital-Piano

https://discover.hubpages.com/entertain ... -and-Banks