No hand clap tone on the RD-88?

Stage Pianos
jamietopol

No hand clap tone on the RD-88?

Post by jamietopol »

There are 3,799 tones on the RD-88 but I can't find a hand clap. Does anyone know if one is available (either built-in or via RolandCloud)?
The band I joined plays Love Shack and I am supposed to play the brass section (Common tone 0404, "Brass 1 w" sounds pretty good) and the damn hand claps!
Old No7

Re: No hand clap tone on the RD-88?

Post by Old No7 »

I don't see it either...

I even used the "Find" command on the excellent Excel file that was posted here recently by Jamietopol (half a dozen posts below).

Old No7
Dyffryn Studios

Post by Dyffryn Studios »

Hi there
I saw post and thought no there has to be a Hand Clap..but I could not find one.
I would have thought that there would be one in the drum kit.

But I have Software Zenology and in Expansion Pack ExZ004 Power drums there are some in the drum kits in that, so that may be a good option to buy and import that.
Still find it hard to believe that there arent drum kits in it though
Best
Rob
jamietopol

Post by jamietopol »

I reached out to Roland support and there definitely is no hand clap available. I also confirmed that there is no way to add / import drum kits. However, I did find a reasonable (free) work-around. I found a free drum pad app for my Android phone that includes several hand clap tones (and the ability to add WAV files). I run a 1/8" cable from the headphone jack of my phone into the input jack on my RD-88 and tap my phone for hand claps instead of hitting a key on my keyboard.