Ableton 9 to change RD's presets

Stage Pianos
Askard

Ableton 9 to change RD's presets

Post by Askard »

Hello.

I am attempting to have a dummy midi clip inside Ableton Live 9 Suite to change the RD-2000 presets following this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHUVAKDbPhA
Using USB driver from Roland and Windows 10.

I've been playing around for a few months playing various plug ins within Ableton from my RD via the USB midi audio cable directly connected, no external sound card in between.
Been quite hassle-free so far.

Now that I am trying this remote bank select approach the RD is completely unresponsive and I am wondering if it's even possible to do this.
I can very well play a midi track and use the RD as a sound module so it is receiving midi messages.

In the RD Menu-->System it is set like this:
Ext Zone Transmit Control = ON
USB Driver = VENDOR
Program Control Channel = 16 (The dummy midi clip is also set to send on Ch 16)

Is there more to be aware of in the RD-2000 settings that I miss?

Attachment 1 shows how I configured Abletons settings.

In picture 2 I am confused about the "MIDI to" in Ableton does not show the the second row in the preferences under MIDI Ports (the one that specifies "Input: 2-RD-2000 MIDI IN")
Should it appear?

And a third pic to show that I play around with Program Changes, using the Tone List in the Parameter Guide.pdf from Roland.
I am aware of the numbering differences that can occur between midi devices 0-127 vs 1-128 and been compensating for that in my attempts.

I'd be superhappy if anyone can confirm (or debunk for that matter) that you've been able to change your RD-2000 remotely from a DAW without having answers to the above questions.

I think I will connect my external sound card and try with DIN cables and see how that goes.
Attachments
MSB LSB PC
MSB LSB PC
RD 2000 3.PNG (34.35 KiB) Viewed 2425 times
Pic 2
Pic 2
RD 2000 2.PNG (197.07 KiB) Viewed 2425 times
Pic 1
Pic 1
RD 2000 1.PNG (226.56 KiB) Viewed 2425 times
dannyrichardson

Re: Ableton 9 to change RD's presets

Post by dannyrichardson »

I'm having the same problem. I'll check back if I solve it!
motoxaust6

Re: Ableton 9 to change RD's presets

Post by motoxaust6 »

Any solution to this? I'm having the same issue.