INT/EXT select buttons with Pedal Control

Stage Pianos
NevD

INT/EXT select buttons with Pedal Control

Post by NevD »

Hi Guys
Was wondering if anyone knows if this is possible i love the idea of bringing strings in and out whilst playing at the moment u have to click on the INT/EXT select buttons to turn off and on
my question is this possible to be mapped to a foot pedal?? the on/off
thanks in advance for any help regards
nev
Hobbe51

Re: INT/EXT select buttons with Pedal Control

Post by Hobbe51 »

This depends very much on what synthesizer you have, and its possibilities. Study the manual, see if there are any accessories that can do that.

If not, then it depends on your skills in microcontrollers, programming and such. But that's an entirely different story.

There are a lot of hobby projects on the net that aims to do just what you need, but I cannot find any that you could buy in a store.
NevD

Post by NevD »

thanks for reply appreciate your help and advise. I worked out if i use MainStage add a pedal and just turn it off and on that way it gives the desired effect although was trying to use the rd 2000 internal strings but it works so thanks again nev
DesertBoat

Post by DesertBoat »

Here is one method. Lets say you are layering a piano with strings, and you want the strings variable under pedal contral.

Go to the program edit / zone edit / pedal menu, disable the piano zone response to the ext pedal. In the same menu, ensure the string zone response to EXT pedal is enabled.

Go to the program edit, pedal menu, ensure EXT function is set to expression (CC11).

This gives a program with a base of piano, with strings brought in by the expression pedal.

An alternate approach is to have two adjacent programs with the desired two settings. In the lower numbered program, assign a pedal to program up. In the higher numbered program, assign the same pedal to program down. This will allow toggling between the two programs with a foot switch.