RD2000 Troubleshooting

Stage Pianos
TonyCarone

RD2000 Troubleshooting

Post by TonyCarone »

Hey everyone!
Really hoping I could get some help here.
I recently got a brand new RD2000. I have two issues:

1) If I'm playing quick, hard, 8th notes, the keys bounce and create unwanted sounds. It almost sounds like the delay kicks in for a split second and adds extra notes.. but it's not in-time, and it's quite random. So I definitely think we could rule the delay out.

2) If I have more than one zone selected (either with the faders up, or down), and I play a pattern with the damper pedal down, the pedal stops acting like a damper pedal, and plays more as a "hold" pedal (like you'd want on a synthesizer).

I don't understand what's happening. Also, I should note that this is a replacement RD. I can't see why I would experience this twice. I'm hoping that I'm doing something wrong when I'm building patches, and that I'm not just unlucky and buying duds.

Send help! Haha

Thanks a ton, everyone.
Dobermann103

Re: RD2000 Troubleshooting

Post by Dobermann103 »

Update your Furmware version 1.03?
TonyCarone

Post by TonyCarone »

Yup, fully updated!
Dobermann103

Post by Dobermann103 »

also for me there are bugs. When I play Fantasia Improvviso stato the 19 the C#2 Occasionally, the button has a higher volume... I look this whith the all CONCERT piano
amarsig

Post by amarsig »

Hi, it is the first time for me on this forum. I have the same issue even if I already updated the firmware to 1.03 version. I tried to reach the Roland Thecnical service by email and they told me that they never faced this issue... Is there someone who can help me? Thanks in advance
cazzbar

Post by cazzbar »

Hello, I know this is an old thread but I’ve just obtained an RD-2000 with the random key noise issue,I’m running v1.50.

Another forum suggested downgrading to v1.03 but clearly the issue was present then.

I’m hoping you guys eventually found a solution!

Thanks