Best EQ and Piano Designer settings for V-Piano sounds

Stage Pianos
SledDriver

Re: Best EQ and Piano Designer settings for V-Piano sounds

Post by SledDriver »

Assuming you have good cables and no earth loops, I'd have to assume this is just down to the quality of the amps. The better the amp, the lower the noise floor. And vice versa...
rnk.khch

Re: Best EQ and Piano Designer settings for V-Piano sounds

Post by rnk.khch »

So I got my Roland KC-600 a few days ago, and I have been quite impressed with it. The sound quality is better than KC-550. It sounds very natural. There is a lot less hiss in KC-600 as well (and far less than QSC K10.2). Volume control is better in KC-600 in the sense that you have better control over volume level when turning the knobs. (In KC-550, turning the knob slightly would give a huge increase in volume and it was hard to make it lower.) Also KC-600 weighs less than KC-550, so it's a bit easier to deal with it. And the power consumption is near a third of KC-550 (50 watts vs. 135 watts). I'm gonna get a second KC-600 and return my KC-550 and QSC K10.2. (I really liked the QSC K10.2, but besides having a lot of hiss, it's also a bit cumbersome to work with as it requires EQ adjustments, and all the controls are at the back.) The KC-600 is simple and elegant.

Also I got Mogami Gold balanced cables, which I was told to be the highest quality cable, and it did make a lot of difference in sound quality as well. Any suggestions as to what cables to use, or if there is anything even better out there?

Question: How can I know if I have earth loops? Is it something that my "Back UPS PRO BR 1350VA" (BR1350MS) would be able to detect and eliminate? I'm currently powering my RD-2000 and amps through the UPS, and supposedly there are no problems with the building wiring as the wiring fault indicator light is off.

Thanks a lot!