Organ expression

Stage Pianos
davieh

Organ expression

Post by davieh »

I am looking for a bit of help folks.

I’m a new user to Roland keyboards and in particular, the RD range.

I’ve purchased an EV-5 pedal which I want to use only as organ expression. When I set the pedal up, having selected organ patches, it controls volume for everything. I’m clearly missing something so if anyone can point me in the correct direction I’d really appreciate it. I’ve watched a clip on You Tube and followed the instructions however with no success.

Happy 2018.
EVC

Re: Organ expression

Post by EVC »

Do you mean the expression pedal to control only the organ layers?

Just guessing here but you have to set the organ layers for which the expression pedal should act:

Press "Menu" and :

Zone Edit->INTERNAL->PEDAL SW

and select only the zones you want the pedal (e.g. EXT) to control.

I hope this helps.
davieh

Post by davieh »

Thanks for your reply. As it stands, the expression pedal is controlling the volume for everything. Is it the case that I have to create patches and store in the programme section and thereafter select the Ext setting to control volume. I was hoping to find a setting to allow the expression pedal to control only organ patches whether within the organ presets or otherwise.

Thanks for any advice you can give.
EVC

Post by EVC »

davieh wrote:Is it the case that I have to create patches and store in the programme section and thereafter select the Ext setting to control volume.
I'm affraid so. As you can see in the question I posted a few days ago, I am also looking for a similar answer, so far without success.

Maybe in the future Roland releases some versions with some of these features (see thread about OS fixes). I wouldn't hold my breath though. :)