USB driver not working for macOS10.13.3 High Sierra

Stage Pianos
Viliam

USB driver not working for macOS10.13.3 High Sierra

Post by Viliam »

After installing of the Driver version 1.0.1 for macOS 10.13.3 High Sierra on my McBook Pro, set up of piano USB Driver to "VENDOR", and by clicking on the RD-2000 icon in the Mac system preferences driver remains unrecognized and error message appears with the text "Warning- The device could not be found...".
Standard troubleshooting on Mac has been completed, including:
-Rebooting
-Disconecting and reconnecting
-Swapping out the USB cable
-Repairing Disk Permissions
-Zapping the PRAM
-Resseting the SMC

Could you please help me how to get the audio signal over the USB to the Mac? I followed the manual strictly, there must by any hidden magic.
Many thanks to everyone who can send me a help!

Viliam
Grafdee

Re: USB driver not working for macOS10.13.3 High Sierra

Post by Grafdee »

I have the same issue, did you solved it??
profroland

Post by profroland »

I'm having the same issue. I'm using 10.13.4. The USB connection works fine in Windows, but not Mac. Roland -- please help!

I've also tried both the 1.00 and 1.01 versions of the drivers, connecting to different USB ports, and resetting and rebooting things over and over. Nothing appears in the Audio MIDI Setup tool after installing the driver.

By chance, would everyone here be using one of the newer Macbooks (the ones with just USB-C ports?)
Grafdee

Post by Grafdee »

profroland wrote:I'm having the same issue. I'm using 10.13.4. The USB connection works fine in Windows, but not Mac. Roland -- please help!

I've also tried both the 1.00 and 1.01 versions of the drivers, connecting to different USB ports, and resetting and rebooting things over and over. Nothing appears in the Audio MIDI Setup tool after installing the driver.

By chance, would everyone here be using one of the newer Macbooks (the ones with just USB-C ports?)

Hey i found the solution (im using newest macbook pro), try reinstall drivers (newest one) and before clicking restart button after installation is finished go to System Pref -> Security&Privacy -> and allow mac os using these roland drivers, this option is only visible before restart.

p.s. this topic helped me https://www.roland.com/global/support/s ... 804131013/

Good Luck
profroland

Post by profroland »

My problem isn't the security issue here. One thing I am going to try is a different USB adapter (to plug into the USB-C on my macbook). I'll report back if it works once I receive it.
profroland

Post by profroland »

I spent many days investigating this issue and trying everything recommended on the internet and through a call with Roland. The phone support person was quite knowledgeable, and concluded it was an issue with the driver installation on my computer, but didn't know exactly what. I ended up formatting my macbook and then everything worked instantly on the first try. This might be a last resort for someone to try in the future, if you're going through the same thing after testing all other options.