sometimes hear a very pronounced note?

Stage Pianos
shanaate

sometimes hear a very pronounced note?

Post by shanaate »

when I played RD-2000 hard, the keys bounce and create unwanted sounds.
I have been using this product since the early version and now version is 1.5
I thought that it was a problem of Roland piano, so I purchased a virtual instrument this time, but when I use a virtual instrument, it suddenly grows so loud that it becomes very annoying.
I am looking for someone to give me a solution.
For reference, I have exchanged rd-2000 three times for this problem, but so far this problem has persisted.
mrbumpy409

Re: sometimes hear a very pronounced note?

Post by mrbumpy409 »

I notice this on occasion as well. Sometimes when I am playing hard, a note will sound like it triggers double, with the extra note being at velocity 127, so it's really loud. My suspicion is it might be a flaw in the design of the PHA-50 action, which is why replacing the keyboard doesn't solve the issue. I could be wrong, though. It would be interesting to hear other people's experience with this and whether or not this same issue is experienced on other Roland keyboards using the same action.
shanaate

Post by shanaate »

mrbumpy409 wrote:I notice this on occasion as well. Sometimes when I am playing hard, a note will sound like it triggers double, with the extra note being at velocity 127, so it's really loud. My suspicion is it might be a flaw in the design of the PHA-50 action, which is why replacing the keyboard doesn't solve the issue. I could be wrong, though. It would be interesting to hear other people's experience with this and whether or not this same issue is experienced on other Roland keyboards using the same action.
So don't you solve this issue yet?
mrbumpy409

Post by mrbumpy409 »

shanaate wrote:So don't you solve this issue yet?
No, but it rarely happens for me. I don't think it's due to faulty parts, so it's not something I worry about.
pinklemon

Post by pinklemon »

Hi there, I got my RD-2000 last month and am having this problem too. I noticed that this person also had the problem, which prompted him to send his RD-2000 back and get a Kronos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2n4HQR4MaA

It's not a dealbreaker for me but it is a bother!
tanekim77

Post by tanekim77 »

yes, I had exactly same issue, and I returned it. I am waiting for next version of Roland, hoping it will be fixed that time.
motoxaust6

Post by motoxaust6 »

I'm running into the same problem. I can reproduce it fairly consistently on A3 now playing a certain riff. It has nothing to do with what sound is selected, or any effects. Makes me think it's a problem with the keybed sensors. It's always a single note that outputs at max velocity. Sometimes it does it right as i play the key, but every once in a while it will do it delayed by a quarter of a second or so.

Anyone have any updates to this problem? I'll be trying to contact roland soon and will post back if i get anywhere with them.
shanaate

Post by shanaate »

motoxaust6 wrote:I'm running into the same problem. I can reproduce it fairly consistently on A3 now playing a certain riff. It has nothing to do with what sound is selected, or any effects. Makes me think it's a problem with the keybed sensors. It's always a single note that outputs at max velocity. Sometimes it does it right as i play the key, but every once in a while it will do it delayed by a quarter of a second or so.

Anyone have any updates to this problem? I'll be trying to contact roland soon and will post back if i get anywhere with them.
I hope this problem is resolved quickly.
so tired of this problem.
shanaate

Post by shanaate »

Because of curiosity, I opened the recording function in Cubase and played RD-2000.
When I saw the place where the notes were splashed, I noticed that the notes were superimposed two consecutive times.
Roland needs to take action to resolve it.
motoxaust6

Post by motoxaust6 »

shanaate wrote:Because of curiosity, I opened the recording function in Cubase and played RD-2000.
When I saw the place where the notes were splashed, I noticed that the notes were superimposed two consecutive times.
Roland needs to take action to resolve it.
That's interesting. Were both notes max velocity? Because if one is correct and the other is a false max, it should be pretty easy for them to filter that out.
riptorn

Post by riptorn »

I am experiencing the same issue. Unfortunately I am unable to replicate the issue, even when playing same phrase, same voices, and same volume. Would really appreciate a fix from Roland. I'm still using the old RD 800 to play gigs out. I don't trust the new RD 2000 to not disrupt the whole band. The dealer I purchased from says to bring it in and they will work on it. But how do you fix a problem that can't be duplicated???
rd2000fan

Post by rd2000fan »

Guys, I was having the same issue, but now the problem is resolved.

I contacted Roland, and they said I should either exchange the keyboard in the retail store (in my case is Guitar Center), or take the keyboard to the nearest Roland Service Center. Fortunately, Guitar Center allows me to return the keyboard in a 45 day period after purchase, and get a new one. That's what I did, and they gave me another Roland RD 2000.

This one, doesn't has the problem, and it works pretty well.

I thought I was the only person with this issue, but now that I see the forum I suspect that some of the units were built with this problem, but the good news is that Roland has a great manufacturer warranty. Just contact Roland and if they don't fix it, they should give you another one, with no issue.

Also I recommend you when buying anything, buy also a protection plan.

Other than that, I have never been so happy with a keyboard, and I have had many legendary keyboards. This one is a dream come true. Just give it a chance, and use the manufacturer warranty, they will definitively help you.
Rob Holzer

Post by Rob Holzer »

I have had this problem too. Bought the RD brand new in November 18, having fallen in love with the amazing sound and playability of the dealer's demo model. I had just retired my venerable RD300 + Kurzweil MicroPiano after 25 years of faithful service, so the RD 2000 was a trip to piano player's paradise! The fault has materialised three or four times since I bought the k/b. I have been playing it a bit more frequently recently and was thinking about introducing it into the church worship band I play in. I am reconsidering this though - a 127 velocity randomly-triggered note is unlikely to be a blessing to me, my band or the congregation! I have spoken this morning with the dealer I bought from and am awaiting a response via them from Roland. The piano I usually play is an RD 800, which is also excellent, but really not quite at the same level as the 2000 in any respect. It does not randomly fire off unwanted notes though! I am hoping that the problem can be resolved so that I feel able to trust the otherwise brilliant RD 2000 in a public setting...
rd2000fan

Post by rd2000fan »

Try setting all MIDI volume levels at no more than 110. I know it sounds like it has nothing to do with that, but try it.

Also if using the RD 2000 built-in audio interface, try to setup the audio buffer to 250 in you DAW.

If the problem is a noise or distortion or interference only happening at church, I would recommend using a radial DI box, or use the balanced outputs from the RD, and if using an keyboard amp, use the balanced outputs too.

Please let me know the results.

If none of that works, it's recommended to talk to Roland. Your RD 2000 should have a manufacturer warranty which should cover. They have a good support team too.
rnk.khch

Post by rnk.khch »

I started to experience the same issue only on Eb3 immediately after upgrading the firmware to v1.50. I noticed it because I play Chopin's "Largo in Eb Major" all the time, and as soon as I got to the tremolo in base clef of measure 13, the max Eb3 sound would pop up towards the end of the tremolo.

However, after months of using the keyboard, it's about a month that I have not heard the issue at all. No matter how fast or hard I hammer that Eb3, the random max sound doesn't come up anymore. So perhaps I have worn out whatever defect that was causing it lol. Curious if other people had a similar experience of resolving this. I hope it doesn't come back.