RD-88 and iOS MIDI Communication

Stage Pianos
peternh

Re: RD-88 and iOS MIDI Communication

Post by peternh »

Thanks, that's very clear. A "Scene Sequence" function would be brilliant!

(I am not seeing/hearing any problems with scene 001 being mucked up from v.0.02, but not quite sure what you mean by "user scene 001", rather I was thinking that all Scenes are potentially "user", with some being empty/Init at purchase, as opposed to my previous RD-s with their preset/user set-up. That way there was less danger of needing to do a factory reset if in doubt!?!)
DesertBoat

Post by DesertBoat »

Sorry for the lexicon - I live mostly in the Midi Implementation Guide, and they use the nomenclature USER SCENES 001 to 400. That equates to the Scene titled Concert Grand, first under the Piano button. And yes, all are editable. Appears that 98 of the 400 are INIT SCENE.

The problem only existed in Ver 0.01, which was writing Tones to Scene 001 permanent storage, instead of the current edit (scratchpad) scene. If you tried 0.01, you need to reset Scene 001 to just Concert Grand in zone 1 and save.
allan_evett

Post by allan_evett »

Thanks very much, DesertBoat! This RD-88 Manager is taking shape nicely. I was able to test it out some today, in between teaching appointments and some unexpected dental work. I plan to dig in more tomorrow.
peternh

Post by peternh »

DesertBoat wrote:Sorry for the lexicon - I live mostly in the Midi Implementation Guide, and they use the nomenclature USER SCENES 001 to 400. That equates to the Scene titled Concert Grand, first under the Piano button. And yes, all are editable. Appears that 98 of the 400 are INIT SCENE.

The problem only existed in Ver 0.01, which was writing Tones to Scene 001 permanent storage, instead of the current edit (scratchpad) scene. If you tried 0.01, you need to reset Scene 001 to just Concert Grand in zone 1 and save.
Thanks. Sorry, I was only using the Sound List doc, but will delve into the MIDI implementation guide (Ctrl-F will be my friend!) for more specific terminology. But in any case, I never "write" anything unless I've turned the board off and on again just before making any change - I've always been terrified of altering something I don't fully understand.

Your concept of "scratchboard" is conceptually very useful- it will help to think more in those terms than as a temporary change to a designated "slot", if I understand correctly.

I'll move now on this to your OP specific thread.
Rick4001

Post by Rick4001 »

Would it be possible for someone to post this Midi Designer Pro template? The links in this thread no longer work. I just got an RD88 and would love to have this. Thanks!
landed87

Post by landed87 »

Hey guys I can't find the info anywhere, but could someone please explain just the physical connection side from iPad to RD-88? What cable/port etc..
Thank you
Stuart100

Post by Stuart100 »

Hi.

You need an Apple camera connection kit for the iPad and a USB B to USB A cable. Set the RD 88 midi driver to Generic.

Cheers

Stuart
landed87

Post by landed87 »

Stuart100 wrote: 19:10, 26 May 2023 Hi.

You need an Apple camera connection kit for the iPad and a USB B to USB A cable. Set the RD 88 midi driver to Generic.

Cheers

Stuart
Thank you so much! Works great.