Is it possible to build up a song using the RD2000? In other words, record over my own playing?

Stage Pianos
Pure1107

Is it possible to build up a song using the RD2000? In other words, record over my own playing?

Post by Pure1107 »

I experience significant latency when recording to my PC as it's quite old.

I would really love to 'build up' a song within the RD2000 and I was wondering if this was possible?

For example, recording a 3 minute piano part and then switching to a bass voice and recording a 3 minute bass part whilst listening to the piano part, and lastly switching to a rhodes voice and recording a 3 minute rhodes part while hearing the pre-recorded piano and bass recording?

Hopefully that makes sense, apologies for the basic question as I only picked up my RD2000 last week and I couldn't find an answer to this in the manual.
SledDriver

Re: Is it possible to build up a song using the RD2000? In other words, record over my own playing?

Post by SledDriver »

Hi,

The RD-2000 does not have a sequencer.

You can record RD-2000 audio to a USB stick, but only one track. No multi-tracking.

You can however play back the audio on the USB stick and play something different with a different instrument at the same time, but you cannot record the second instrument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zDNDpJmPoo

I suppose this is just something the RD-2000 was not designed for.

Regards
Pure1107

Re: Is it possible to build up a song using the RD2000? In other words, record over my own playing?

Post by Pure1107 »

Ah that's a shame, I was thinking that may be the case as I wasn't able to find much information online.

Thank you very much for the reply, I really appreciate it and I'll look into recording to a DAW instead.