RD2000 German VPiano expansion - quick review

Stage Pianos
Stuart100

RD2000 German VPiano expansion - quick review

Post by Stuart100 »

Hi,

Ive just loaded the vpiano German Piano expansion for the RD2000. I thought I would give you my early initial impressions.

Its a lot clearer sound. The vpiano which comes as standard is not as bright. Compared to the new expansion it sounds like you are hearing the piano through thick curtains. Obviously you can edit the vpiano but it does not come close to the German expansion. The new piano would definitely cut through the mix better. It is now my favourite piano and that includes software pianos.

There us a variety of presets which come with the new piano and there is quite a variety if timbres which is useful.

Is it worth £149? If you like using the vpiano then yes, and I do. Because the RD2000 is an expensive instrument I would recommend purchasing it. The RD is the best route to vpiano technology.

I have not tried layering it with the sampled piano's on the RD yet.

The German vPiano us a lifetime license so no annual subscription is required on Roland cloud.

I hope Roland do another vpiano expansion and there is one free slot still. I have a sneaking suspicion they will.

Cheers

Stuart