RD-2000 driver for Mac Ventura doesn't install

Stage Pianos
Orion

RD-2000 driver for Mac Ventura doesn't install

Post by Orion »

Roland now said its driver is compatible with Mac Ventura. But when I try to install it, I get an error message of "The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Even though Roland said it works with OS13 (Ventura), the read me file only lists OS11.

Anyone have the same issue?
metro13music

Re: RD-2000 driver for Mac Ventura doesn't install

Post by metro13music »

Yes, me! I'd be grateful for a solution....at the moment I need USB access urgently!!
DL04

Post by DL04 »

Anyone have progress on this? I have installed the RD-2000 driver on to my new Mac running Ventura, installation was indicated as successful, but the RD-2000 driver doesn't show up in System Settings as it used to on my old Mac running Mojave, and RD-2000 is not showing up in System Settings > Sounds for input / output selection either (possibly because the driver isn't showing?). I have enabled system extensions in system settings and modified security settings in the Mac recovery environment to allow extensions to be loaded.
tbozAZ

Post by tbozAZ »

I couldn't even install the drivers on my MacPro M2 (Venture 13.4 OS). The only message I get is that installation was unsuccessful. I opened ticket with Roland, they send me a link to the download, saying it looked like I used the wrong one - and then promptly closed the issue. I was not using the wrong one (I don't think) - driverPkg11 - is the one that downloads from the Venture OS link on Roland.

I'm pretty new to Mac - so maybe I need to do something do allow drivers to install? Anyway - I saw this thread, looks like others are having same issues.
tbozAZ

Post by tbozAZ »

I got this to work, as I stated - new to Mac - I need to allow installer to access download folder I created. I connected to RD, and had no further issues getting it to work.
DL04

Post by DL04 »

Referencing my post of 2nd August, above, after several email exchanges with Roland Technical Support and a visit to a couple of music stores, the problem is now resolved. Having already carried out driver installations and un-installations, various computer settings in the Mac recovery environment to allow extensions to be loaded, including a Terminal command, disabling Firewall / antivirus software / VPN Proxy, and ensuring the 'Vendor' setting on the RD-2000 – the problem and solution was more straightforward: PMT music store (where I originally purchased the RD-2000) queried the length of the USB cable between my computer and the RD-2000 - this was a 10m cable because of the position of the computer and the stage piano in the room where I have the equipment. They suggested that this may be too long for an unpowered USB cable and that I might be getting connection drop off, so suggest I try either a shorter 5m unpowered USB cable or a 10m powered (active) USB cable (they had experienced similar issues when connecting a different Roland keyboard to their computer). I ordered both from Amazon, and both of these cables now successfully make the connection, with the RD-2000 now showing in the System Settings > Sounds fields and in the Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup windows. As a double check, I reconnected both of my original 10m unpowered USB cables (I tried two different cables to ensure it wasn’t a problem with one of them), and the RD-2000 settings disappeared again, so the length of the original unpowered USB cable seems to have been the issue.