Portable damper pedal for Roland fp-e50

Stage Pianos
trickle

Portable damper pedal for Roland fp-e50

Post by trickle »

Apologies if I am in the wrong stage piano forum, but anyway I'm hoping someone may be able to help me.

I use the fp-e50 as a live gigging solo piano/vocal instrument, including the onboard rhythm backing. I use a Roland DP10 as a damper pedal into the keyboard's pedal jack socket. That means that start/stops have to be done manually pushing a button - not ideal.

I would like to configure the pedal jack socket to my start/stop footswitch but that means using the 5-din socket for damper pedal(s). Buying Roland's wooden stand containing three pedals and cutting it down to make it portable seems a bit extreme - and expensive.

Roland markets this piano as a gigging instrument, so they should either have installed two pedal jack sockets or developed a portable 5-din damper pedal. My fault for not checking before I bought, I know.

Anyway - to get to the question, finally. Does anyone know of a portable damper pedal that will work via the fp-e50's 5-din socket? Or has anyone rewired a DP10 to work via the din?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards

Trickle
Old No7

Re: Portable damper pedal for Roland fp-e50

Post by Old No7 »

Interesting question; but sorry, I can't help -- other than to offer the idea for you to try and get a Roland wiring schematic for the 5-dins socket.
trickle wrote: 08:14, 28 June 2023 Buying Roland's wooden stand containing three pedals and cutting it down to make it portable seems a bit extreme - and expensive.
I actually did that once -- when I had an FP-30, but after awhile, I decided I didn't use the other pedals and when I upgraded to an RD-88 I stayed with just the sustain/damper pedal.

Old No7
trickle

Re: Portable damper pedal for Roland fp-e50

Post by trickle »

Many thanks Old No 7 - I'll try and get hold of a diagram.