RD-88 vs Juno DS88

Stage Pianos
duque5582

RD-88 vs Juno DS88

Post by duque5582 »

quisiera su opinión sobre estos dos teclados virtudes y puntos débiles de cada uno de ellos pues estoy pensando en adquirir alguno de estos dos básicamente por la tecla contra pesada, me gustaría de verdad conocer un poquito más de estos dos teclado actualmente tengo en casa el go keys y el Júpiter 50, y para completar mi set esperaba adquirir un teclado de 88, teclado martillo pero quisiera evaluar cuál de estos dos me conviene más, saludos espero sus opiniones
Old No7

Re: RD-88 vs Juno DS88

Post by Old No7 »

duque5582 wrote: 00:45, 3 July 2023 I would like your opinion on these two keyboards, virtues and weaknesses of each of them because I am thinking of acquiring one of these two basically for the counter-heavy key, I would really like to know a little more about these two keyboards I currently have the go at home keys and the Jupiter 50, and to complete my set I was hoping to acquire an 88 keyboard, hammer keyboard but I would like to evaluate which of these two suits me best, regards I await your opinions
I find the keybed (feel of the keys) of the Juno DS-88 "mushy" -- not sure how to say that in Spanish, but the Juno has an earlier version of the Roland keybed, and not the PHA4 (progressively weighted, hammer-action, graded, with escapement) like the RD-88. There are some neat features of the DS-88 that I was really interested in, and I've tried one out in the store but after 1/2 an hour of playing it, I didn't like it. I also play Hammond organ and synth, so since i wanted a "piano" type action -- I've kept my RD-88.

I would consider the RD-88 better for piano players and the DS-88 better for synth players who also want a weighted/hammer action (but not a "great" one for piano, but it's OK).

If you do a Google search on "Roland RD-88 versus DS-88" you should find some other info and opinions.

Good luck! Buena suerte!

Old No7
duque5582

Re: RD-88 vs Juno DS88

Post by duque5582 »

Old No7 wrote: 03:36, 4 July 2023
duque5582 wrote: 00:45, 3 July 2023 I would like your opinion on these two keyboards, virtues and weaknesses of each of them because I am thinking of acquiring one of these two basically for the counter-heavy key, I would really like to know a little more about these two keyboards I currently have the go at home keys and the Jupiter 50, and to complete my set I was hoping to acquire an 88 keyboard, hammer keyboard but I would like to evaluate which of these two suits me best, regards I await your opinions
I find the keybed (feel of the keys) of the Juno DS-88 "mushy" -- not sure how to say that in Spanish, but the Juno has an earlier version of the Roland keybed, and not the PHA4 (progressively weighted, hammer-action, graded, with escapement) like the RD-88. There are some neat features of the DS-88 that I was really interested in, and I've tried one out in the store but after 1/2 an hour of playing it, I didn't like it. I also play Hammond organ and synth, so since i wanted a "piano" type action -- I've kept my RD-88.

I would consider the RD-88 better for piano players and the DS-88 better for synth players who also want a weighted/hammer action (but not a "great" one for piano, but it's OK).

If you do a Google search on "Roland RD-88 versus DS-88" you should find some other info and opinions.

Good luck! Buena suerte!

Old No7

muchas gracias por tu opinión la verdad busco una tecla tipo piano más real con sonidos de piano acústico bastante buenos y creo que el RD88 sería ideal para lo que estoy buscando