Maintaining Metronome Tempo Between Program Changes

Stage Pianos
fatar760

Maintaining Metronome Tempo Between Program Changes

Post by fatar760 »

Hi,

I'm recording a song and am using a patch change pedal to switch between two programs (piano and then elec. piano)

I'm doing this whilst using the onboard metronome/rhythm, which I need to stay at a constant rate (138 bmp)

What I've noticed is that when I press the patch change pedal it also changes the metronome back to 120 bpm.

This is utter madness, in my view.

Can someone please advise how I can prevent the metronome from inexplicably changing between programs and just get it to stay constant.

Many thanks.
fatar760

Re: Maintaining Metronome Tempo Between Program Changes

Post by fatar760 »

In addition:

I've gone into the Program menu - System - Rhythm and changed it to REMAIN (rather than Program)

I was hoping this would allow the metronome to remain constant - but it's still changing upon changing program.

I have, though, noted that I can WRITE a new rhythm tempo with each program - but this still interrupts the flow of the count whilst changing programs.

Anyone get any advice?
Gus

Post by Gus »

Good morning,
I tried to reproduce your configuration and I found a solution that works: your two recorded programs must already have the same tempo, so you have to hold the sustain pedal just before switching to the other program and then release it.
(A point to know the sustain is not maintained when switching from one Vpiano to another. On the other hand the tempo is maintained)
The transition will be perfect (sustain and tempo) with supernatural or another tone.
give it a try.

Sincerely
fatar760

Post by fatar760 »

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I'm a little surprised why this requires andy kind of research or alternative suggestions. It's a pretty standard thing to set a metronome away and cycle between programs as you play without the metronome changing. Been doing it since the 90s...

Or am I missing something?
Gus

Post by Gus »

Hello, in the system menu of the Rd 2000 you have changed the program parameter to remain and you say that it has not changed anything...
I just tested this morning yet it works correctly with my RD 2000...
the remain mode does not take into account the tempos recorded in the programs.
At the start of your session, set a metronome or rhythm tempo and in "remain" mode it will affect all programs.
The parameters guide on page 23 confirms the solution.
A question do you use a Vpiano tone? I remind you that the cut is clear when changing tone with another. It is a fault of the Rd2000.
Try again on your side.
Attachments
guide parameter p23.pdf
(363.78 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
fatar760

Post by fatar760 »

Hey Gus,

Thank you for sending that over. It leads me to think I'm in the right ball-park.

Unfortunately it's still not working though.

In the system setting my Rhythm parameter is set to Remain.

I'm not using V-Pianos - I'm using Piano 1 (0024) on Program H1 into Piano 1 (0024) + Tines on Program H2

The tempi on both programs is the same (despite this not being necessary) yet, the beat still jolts going between program changes.

This makes no sense to me and I can't think of anything else that could be influencing the issue.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Good morning,
I will try to see further.
How do you change programs? manually? with "Pg up" assigned to a pedal? a "mid" command?

I checked with a "pg up" and "pg down" pedal to see if there is a problem and yes, alas, over fifty changes I managed to cause a few non-consecutive misfires, on the other hand much less now the sustain pedal.
(probably problem of syncronization noon)

The tests I had done before in manual mode did not fail.
Indeed there is a problem.
For me it is a configuration that I do not use I never cared about it.
To conclude, if you really need a click to record, you can try an external metronome plugged into the "audio in" of the RD2000, it's true that it's a shame not to be able to use the built-in tools reliably.

A question, do you really need to use two programs, one for the piano and a second for rhodes? a single program could perhaps be enough if you program Piano zone1 and rhodes zone2 you just have to deactivate the zone concerned manually.

If other users have ideas the forum is open..
Sincerely
fatar760

Post by fatar760 »

Hiya,

Yes, I was using a pedal to change the prg up.

However, I also noticed the tempo jolted when changing manually too.

Sadly, the pedal was the only option as both hands were busy playing, and yes sound change was necessary.