Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
PaleSkinnySwede

Anthology 1986

Post by PaleSkinnySwede »

So... When will it be released? ;)

Google never forgets:
https://goo.gl/images/1UG5R5
https://goo.gl/images/XruZ51

"Metal on Wood" is actually a sound from the JX-10, MKS-70, synths.
mimoid

Re: Anthology 1986

Post by mimoid »

Personally I find the whole Anthology series pretty lame - just samples of some of the most known and used presets. There are actually other sample sets (for e.g. Kontakt) containing more, and better samples of iconic synths, if that is your preferred flavor. I would love a real virtual representation of stuff like the Alpha Juno, the JX-3P and the JX-8P though...
PaleSkinnySwede

If this follows what we saw in May and June, a virtual JX-10 (or the likes) is just around the corner. My guess is that Anthology 1986 will be released for Thanksgiving and the virtual VST/AU will be released before the holidays towards the end of December.

I too doesn't see the point of the Anthology series really. You can change the filter and envelopes and surely there's one single LFO some times. But it's sooo limited. Spectrasonics Omnisphere has most of the raw waveforms from classic and iconic old synths - if that's more up your alley. But, holy smoke - the Anthology series sounds huge and wide! Everything else aside, the sound quality is pristine!

But, yes, I'm a Cloud subscriber because of the Legacy series. It's an interesting journey ahead.
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

Anthology is good if you have many instances in a project and you want those stock 'go to' sounds. It's not a CPU killer like the legacy synths.

I guess, maybe the eventuality of all the anthology sets will be to combine them into the one instrument with a large library (i.e. like Arturia's analog collection plugin) as they're all variations on a theme.
thartnett

Post by thartnett »

Anthology 1986 is now available.
Rolandgr

Post by Rolandgr »

The Anthology 1987 was all about D50. This one which synth does it represent?
Thank you
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

It's the JX-10 Synth (or MKS-70 Rack), Sometimes called the Super JX as it's basically two JX-8P's.
jerry_merry

Post by jerry_merry »

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz. Another passe rompler. Oddly enough I got tired of waiting for a plugout so bought a JX-8P on ebay this week. One day Roland may actually release some poly plugs to fill slot 4 on the system-8. But I gave up holding my breath and have the real thing while they get their act together.
jerry_merry

Post by jerry_merry »

P.s PaleskinnySwede - I hope your analysis is right and we see a plugout based on the MKS-70/JX-10/JX-8P
rcmusic35

Post by rcmusic35 »

jerry_merry wrote:ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz. Another passe rompler. Oddly enough I got tired of waiting for a plugout so bought a JX-8P on ebay this week. One day Roland may actually release some poly plugs to fill slot 4 on the system-8. But I gave up holding my breath and have the real thing while they get their act together.
agreed...kind of boring now.... 6 months we are waiting for special things for S8....
PaleSkinnySwede

jerry_merry wrote:P.s PaleskinnySwede - I hope your analysis is right and we see a plugout based on the MKS-70/JX-10/JX-8P
Well, in all fairness I hope I'm right too. Also, congratulations on getting the JX-8P. It's a really nice instrument.
mimoid

Post by mimoid »

rcmusic35 wrote:
jerry_merry wrote:ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz. Another passe rompler. Oddly enough I got tired of waiting for a plugout so bought a JX-8P on ebay this week. One day Roland may actually release some poly plugs to fill slot 4 on the system-8. But I gave up holding my breath and have the real thing while they get their act together.
agreed...kind of boring now.... 6 months we are waiting for special things for S8....

Yes, I think we are approaching the patience limit where people will start to cancel their subscriptions. The Jx-3P and the JX-10 is now long overdue.
skinmechanic

Post by skinmechanic »

You will get the Jx8P and that will also plug-out to the S8 (and will be the last poly plug-out for the S8) the next plugout synth coming is in Q1 or Q2 2018 and will be compatible with two ACB's but more over it will be mainly about DCB's but like the concept for the JDXA it will allow cross over of the analogue and digital behaviour circuitry.
thartnett

Post by thartnett »

mimoid wrote:
rcmusic35 wrote:

Yes, I think we are approaching the patience limit where people will start to cancel their subscriptions. The Jx-3P and the JX-10 is now long overdue.
When was the announced release date?
jerry_merry

Post by jerry_merry »

Release date for?