Roland Cloud Connect features clarification questions

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
Gribs

Roland Cloud Connect features clarification questions

Post by Gribs »

I just ordered a Jupiter-Xm.

I pay for a Roland Cloud Pro membership already. I do not own any lifetime keys for Zenology Pro or the model expansions, but I did do the Play4Life thing last time around and chose the JD-800 legendary series plug-in for my lifetime key.

I am thinking about choices for Roland Cloud membership when it is renewal time for me. That is, not coincidentally, in a couple weeks. One option would be to buy the Roland Cloud Connect wireless USB stick which includes one year of Roland Cloud Pro membership.

My questions are around model expansions for which I do not own lifetime keys.

If I purchase the Cloud Connect wireless USB stick, keep my Roland Cloud Pro membership current, but do not own a lifetime key for the JD-800 model expansion, will I be able to install the expansion and its tones in my Jupiter-Xm using the Cloud Connect app? The web site for the Cloud Connect device lists “ Unlimited use of all Model Expansions, Wave Expansions, and Sound Packs for software and hardware” under ‘Standard Features.”

https://www.roland.com/global/products/ ... d_connect/

I want to clarify that this means all the model expansions that are included in Roland Cloud Pro without owning a lifetime key.

Also, what about the Vocal Designer model expansion? The pictures on the web site suggest it is also included under the unlimited use promise, but I want to know for sure.
BrianMcClelland

Re: Roland Cloud Connect features clarification questions

Post by BrianMcClelland »

Gribs wrote: 20:27, 30 October 2022 I just ordered a Jupiter-Xm.

I pay for a Roland Cloud Pro membership already. I do not own any lifetime keys for Zenology Pro or the model expansions, but I did do the Play4Life thing last time around and chose the JD-800 legendary series plug-in for my lifetime key.

I am thinking about choices for Roland Cloud membership when it is renewal time for me. That is, not coincidentally, in a couple weeks. One option would be to buy the Roland Cloud Connect wireless USB stick which includes one year of Roland Cloud Pro membership.

My questions are around model expansions for which I do not own lifetime keys.

If I purchase the Cloud Connect wireless USB stick, keep my Roland Cloud Pro membership current, but do not own a lifetime key for the JD-800 model expansion, will I be able to install the expansion and its tones in my Jupiter-Xm using the Cloud Connect app? The web site for the Cloud Connect device lists “ Unlimited use of all Model Expansions, Wave Expansions, and Sound Packs for software and hardware” under ‘Standard Features.”

https://www.roland.com/global/products/ ... d_connect/

I want to clarify that this means all the model expansions that are included in Roland Cloud Pro without owning a lifetime key.

Also, what about the Vocal Designer model expansion? The pictures on the web site suggest it is also included under the unlimited use promise, but I want to know for sure.
Hi, Gribs! Brian from Roland Cloud here. This is a great question, let's take a look.

The first thing that I would note is that the Roland Cloud Pro membership is different than the Roland Cloud Connect Pro membership. The difference is that the Roland Cloud membership pertains to plugins and instruments in your DAW, while Roland Cloud Connect features content for hardware devices that are not covered the Roland Cloud membership.

Next, regarding the Play 4 Life promotion, ZENOLOGY Pro/Model Expansions, and bundled instruments are not available as Reward Instrument Lifetime Keys. The best way to access all of the content for hardware is with the Roland Cloud Connect membership. The Roland Cloud Connect membership will unlock all of the SDZs, EXZs, and all compatible Model Expansions for the JUPITER-X/Xm and JUNO-X. Thanks!
Gribs

Re: Roland Cloud Connect features clarification questions

Post by Gribs »

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your response.

I realize the the P4L lifetime keys available are for the legacy products. That is fine!

I think for now I will just stay with ordinary Roland Cloud.