RCM login issue with Safari

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
maqchang

RCM login issue with Safari

Post by maqchang »

Have you encounter the RCM login issue with Safari?
I must say a fact, I've encountered the issues so many times since I subscribed RC years ago! As an experienced pro audio users, I've never been imposed by a audio service provider in this kind of stupid service problems for so long time and I can stand bear it till now.

Today, when I find my RCM (in my MBP M1 Max under OS 13.6.6) won't act, I restart my system, it remains, then I downloaded the updated RCM to uninstall and reinstall it again (just like before....that was the experience to solve it), but the problem remains still: after I input my account info to RCM start page, error message on browser - 'Safari can't find the server'. Yes, I tried other actions including restart my computer, cleared the browser cache or even uninstall & reinstall again... thing is the same: I can't login my account through RCM.

It is apparent that Roland used a technology which is not stable and trouble free, so the problem will emerge sometime on some people's envrionment.

Why dose Roland solve it? I can't understand. I just want Roland can provide us a matured product and service, since we've paid lots of money in years, and it will impact our job and work.

Does anyone here have the same problem?
maqchang

Re: RCM login issue with Safari

Post by maqchang »

For those who here to know how I solve it by myself today:

I opened one of my DAW & chose one Roland plugin, when the application asked my RC username & password, I typed it in & get login successfully, then I open RCM again(yes), then it login successfully like a magic! The RCM lunched normally & I can checked what need to be updating or downloading......

It is very clear that Roland did not solve this problem at the end. This is definitely a bug that Roland dose not want to resolve. Roland dose not care about our experience, it is true.
By the way, Roland is also not good at such a internet technology challenge even though other competitors doing well like Korg, arturia, UAD........etc.

I like Roland's synthesizers, including my hardware version or the plugin version, but I don't like thew way Roland dose for the service. Sucks!