Anyone has the new login issue?

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
maqchang

Anyone has the new login issue?

Post by maqchang »

Hi

I have a login problem, again!
Actually, I can't stand RCM's instability anymore and always have the same login problem.

My RCM is 2.6.0. From yesterday, it ask me to login, then open up automatically the Safari window for me to input the username & password. But We I press 'Sign In to Roland Cloud'(send out), the webpage shows 'Safari can't find the sever', and lots of error code like 'Safari can't open the page "localhost:48652/index.html?access_token=............"

Yes, it can't let me to login. Then I restarted my Mac again, the problem remains. Then, I download the RCM (still 2.6.0) again to uninstall then to install again, the problem remains.

I've reported to Roland. But their contact-us sucks, can't accept screenshots.

Dose anyone has the same problem?
BrianMcClelland

Re: Anyone has the new login issue?

Post by BrianMcClelland »

maqchang wrote: 04:54, 1 October 2021 Hi

I have a login problem, again!
Actually, I can't stand RCM's instability anymore and always have the same login problem.

My RCM is 2.6.0. From yesterday, it ask me to login, then open up automatically the Safari window for me to input the username & password. But We I press 'Sign In to Roland Cloud'(send out), the webpage shows 'Safari can't find the sever', and lots of error code like 'Safari can't open the page "localhost:48652/index.html?access_token=............"

Yes, it can't let me to login. Then I restarted my Mac again, the problem remains. Then, I download the RCM (still 2.6.0) again to uninstall then to install again, the problem remains.

I've reported to Roland. But their contact-us sucks, can't accept screenshots.

Dose anyone has the same problem?
Hi, maqchang! Brian from Roland Cloud here. Sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with the login. If you login through http://www.rolandcloud.com/ and Contact Support through the support page, we can respond to you, then receive the screenshots. I'll reach out to assist with this. Thanks!
Break-a-nerve

Post by Break-a-nerve »

Same here. It went through, however, when I instanciated a plugin in my DAW, then inserted my data in the window nagging about the authorization. This was several weeks ago, now the problem is back with the same symptom and my older trick no longer works.

If this ever happens in a location where there's no network coverage, or using network costs heaps, one's in trouble. (Which leads to not using the plugins at all, because why would I want to punch myself in the teeth.)

BTW, Roland guys, hello? I sent you my earlier screenshots about the issue, and I never got anything back from you - luckily then I found the aforementioned cure myself, but... have you guys patched that backdoor, eh? The only reply ever was "you're legit the only one having this issue". Sure, if that helps your pipeline.

I suggest including a topic "a more suitable way to punish the customers" among the milestones of upcoming sprints. 😄 Meaning, I wonder how other manufacturers might have done their authorization system? Sorry for being a walking cloaca, but the RC app issues aren't exactly disappearing, and the continuously repeating "sign into a cloud server" actually bothers me a lot, making the user experience more and more sour on a daily basis. If I'm keen on, I'll log in myself. Nagging never glues families together, you know...

RCM 2.6.1, OS X 10.14.6.
BrianMcClelland

Break-a-nerve wrote: 14:22, 9 November 2021 Same here. It went through, however, when I instanciated a plugin in my DAW, then inserted my data in the window nagging about the authorization. This was several weeks ago, now the problem is back with the same symptom and my older trick no longer works.

If this ever happens in a location where there's no network coverage, or using network costs heaps, one's in trouble. (Which leads to not using the plugins at all, because why would I want to punch myself in the teeth.)

BTW, Roland guys, hello? I sent you my earlier screenshots about the issue, and I never got anything back from you - luckily then I found the aforementioned cure myself, but... have you guys patched that backdoor, eh? The only reply ever was "you're legit the only one having this issue". Sure, if that helps your pipeline.

I suggest including a topic "a more suitable way to punish the customers" among the milestones of upcoming sprints. 😄 Meaning, I wonder how other manufacturers might have done their authorization system? Sorry for being a walking cloaca, but the RC app issues aren't exactly disappearing, and the continuously repeating "sign into a cloud server" actually bothers me a lot, making the user experience more and more sour on a daily basis. If I'm keen on, I'll log in myself. Nagging never glues families together, you know...

RCM 2.6.1, OS X 10.14.6.
Hi, Break-a-nerve! Brian from Roland Cloud here. Sorry to hear that you're having an issue with the service. To be clear, and internet connection is required to validate the license. This is checked once every 30 days. To validate, simply connect to the internet and open Roland Cloud Manager. If you are experiencing this more frequently, we can investigate this in the Support department.

Sometimes, our testing department cannot reproduce an issue that has been reported. If this is the case, due to specific hardware required or some other circumstance, resolution of the issue can be difficult. Either way, we strive to provide the best communication and service that we can to correct the issue and get you back to making music. I'll reach out to get your info and follow up on the ticket that you mentioned. Thanks!
zacklur

Post by zacklur »

I was able to work around the problem by copying the link (from the URL window) from the link that led to the Safari error message and then pasting it into the URL field in the Chrome browser. On Chrome it worked and RCM authenticated successfully.
jjsr-music

Post by jjsr-music »

Hi all,

using Roland cloud a few years now and never faced this issue but now i can't get rid of this one.
1st my setup: Win 11 64-bit (recently upgraded from 10), MS Edge. I tried every tip i could find on the web: restarting router, reinstalling RCM, opened the link with chrome... even calling the command prompt for resetting ip data.
Btw the link goes: http://localhost:49454/index.html?access_token=... (a really long string).
Security software is bitdefender+vpn and i made sure to check the firewall rules and settings as well to temporary switch off vpn...
Logging in to Roland cloud website works normally. The funniest thing about this issue is that nothing else ever got connection problems!

Hope, somebody can help. Thanks in advance!
BrianMcClelland

jjsr-music wrote: 10:31, 24 February 2023 Hi all,

using Roland cloud a few years now and never faced this issue but now i can't get rid of this one.
1st my setup: Win 11 64-bit (recently upgraded from 10), MS Edge. I tried every tip i could find on the web: restarting router, reinstalling RCM, opened the link with chrome... even calling the command prompt for resetting ip data.
Btw the link goes: http://localhost:49454/index.html?access_token=... (a really long string).
Security software is bitdefender+vpn and i made sure to check the firewall rules and settings as well to temporary switch off vpn...
Logging in to Roland cloud website works normally. The funniest thing about this issue is that nothing else ever got connection problems!

Hope, somebody can help. Thanks in advance!
Hi, jjsr. Brian from Roland Cloud here. Sorry to hear that you're having difficulty accessing the service. We can help clear that up for you. Please reach out to us through the Contact Support portal in the lower left menu of Roland Cloud Manager and we'll get you a fix. Thanks!
maqchang

Post by maqchang »

I'd like you all to know that I encountered the same problem today, AGAIN!! Yes, the problem is the same problem which I can't login RCM 'cuase it paused in the step that Safari indicated 'Can't find the server'. I've encountered this problem for many times, yes, many times in the past couple of years. I don't know under what specific scenario will I have it, but it is a simple logic that Roland didn't solve it thoroughness - I'm sure on this.

Today, when I encounter it again, yes, I do every steps I know or I can guess to solve it, including downloading the newest update, uninstalling & reinstalling, clearing browser cache, rebooting computer.....etc., but no way, it remains. Then I goto ask Roland through service center, the guy answered me within 20 mins just typed 'clear browser cache', and I feedback that it won't work then he never get back again.

I read again this thread, followed by Break-a-nerve's experience, I opened one of my DAW & chose one Roland plugin, when the application asked my RC username & password, I typed it in & get login successfully, then I open RCM again, yes, it login successfully like a magic! The RCM lunched normally & I can checked what need to be updating or downloading......

It is very clear that Roland did not solve this problem at the end. This is definitely a bug that Roland dose not want to resolve. Roland dose not care about our experience, it is true.
By the way, Roland is also not good at such a internet technology challenge even though other competitors doing well like Korg, arturia, UAD........etc.

I like Roland's synthesizers, including my hardware version or the plugin version, but I don't like thew way Roland dose for the service. Sucks!
innerbooty

Post by innerbooty »

Yup, same here. Super scary problem in Pro Tools this morning. Huge audiobook sessions I've been working on for months in Pro Tools would open, but then crash without an error if I tried to Save, or Save As. Finally realized that any session that did NOT have a Roland Cloud plugin would save fine. Recalled I had come home last night to some Roland Cloud error message on my Mac. Ignored it because they happen all too often. But I remembered when I started having these issues this morning, and lo and behold, Roland plugs were causing the crashes. But then Cloud Manager wouldn't open, and it wouldn't let me re-install. I finally did what the previous poster said and instantiated a new Zenology plugin in a new PT session and managed to authorize my account, but it wasn't easy! Took a few tries and restarts. Now Cloud Manager opens and the sessions save. Then I couldn't email Support because I was getting a "data error" on the Product field of the support page. Yikes,,,

What the heck!?? I've been a loyal Roland user since 1986 (JX-8P, TR-707, S-550, U-20, XV-5080...), and as was said above, the plugins and sounds of the Roland Cloud library are great. But the Roland Cloud Manager totally sucks, and it has since I first joined in 2021. Not cool. Is anyone out there in Roland Cloud Land looking into this ongoing problem?? (Pro Tools 2023.12.3 / Mac M2 Studio Ultra / Ventura)