.PRM files for Legendary Series

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
mangepange

.PRM files for Legendary Series

Post by mangepange »

I see that in Jupiter8/Juno106/D-50 you can choose .prm files when you load banks (default .bin).
But I can't see that you can save in this format.

Is this a format that system-8 can export banks? In system-1 (that I own) .prm is a single patch file in text format that can easily be altered. But here it seems to be bank files..?

Is there any info about this prm format for jupiter8/juno106/D-50?
rsaintjohn

Re: .PRM files for Legendary Series

Post by rsaintjohn »

On the System-8, *.bin files are system backups, *.s8p files are export/import patch files (and can contain more than one patch), and *.s8f files are export/import performance files (small files that simply reference patch locations and some settings relative to each other). These are all binary format. All of these have a companion TXT file describing the name and contents/reference.

As far as I have seen, the S8 hardware does not have or directly use a file in PRM format.
rsaintjohn

Re: .PRM files for Legendary Series

Post by rsaintjohn »

Took a closer look at this tonight and I think that the patch managers for all the software are generically written to work with all the plug-outs. Therefore, when using the LOAD function, they all "see" PRM patch files from the System-1, or BIN patch files that the software itself created.