Roland Cloud Manager Will Not Open

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
michaellloydmusic

Roland Cloud Manager Will Not Open

Post by michaellloydmusic »

Good Afternoon All,

I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 and I recently downloaded the Roland Cloud Manager so I can upload sounds from their library. I was able to download the files and application successfully, but when I attempt to open the manager, nothing happens. A small window will pop up as if it is going to load but it stays on 0% and never opens.

Has anyone had this issue. I've tried several remedies, including reinstalling windows 10, but nothing seems to work. Truthfully, I really don't know what I'm doing.

Any ideas? I've attached a screen shot so you can see what it looks like.

Thanks for your help!
Attachments
Doc1.pdf
Screen Shot
(420.38 KiB) Downloaded 566 times
pastorok

Re: Roland Cloud Manager Will Not Open

Post by pastorok »

I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 and Roland Cloud Manager installs, but when trying to open it or do anything with it, it takes forever and hangs up. Roland Cloud support has been unhelpful and said several times they referred the problem to the developers of the app but that was months ago.... no help.
pastorok

Post by pastorok »

Did you ever solve your problem with it? If so, how?
schnooker

Post by schnooker »

I can honestly tell you I've had the worst experience with Roland customer service, in as long a time as I can remember..

I signed-up for Roland Cloud, and was all set to pay 20 bucks a month for their subscription, only to download their Cloud Manager, and have it completely freeze on my Windows 10 system (A MONSTER WINDOWS SYSTEM).

After a day or so of just letting the manager hang, I reinstalled, then reinstalled again, then disabled anti virus/Windows Defender.. everything I could possibly think of, and after another few days of trying, I took the leap and contacted Roland customer support; and here's how that went..

Message: The Roland Cloud Manager application continually hangs on ‘Starting Up, Please Wait’. I’m on a Windows 10 machine with everything up to date, and I’ve also tried giving permissions through my firewall to all available Roland applications. I’ve also tried reinstalling the Cloud Manager application several times, but the app just hangs and does nothing. Please advise.

Try completely disabling the firewall.​
In which country are you located?​
Regards,​
Travis

Already completely disabled, and I’m in the US.

Use the Task Manager to force quit Roland Cloud Manager, then restart it.​
Regards,​
Travis

Done that too, and restarted many times..

Is this Roland Cloud Manager v224?

I’ve also disabled all windows defender options -still hanging on startup, and yes, v2.2.4. Just tried uninstalling and reinstalling with all firewall/windows defender programs turned off, and all other running programs that could possibly block/conflict the manager from getting online. I don’t know what else to do..

Could you visit this website and report the result?
http://amibehindaproxy.com

I’m not behind a proxy!!

Could you send us any log files located at:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Roland Cloud\Cloud Manager\​
Thanks,

Here you go!
..nearly a week later..
Hi. Could you let me know if you guys have made any headway with this?

Still looking into it. We'll ping you when there's news.​
Regards,​
Travis

...literally an hour later...

We've looked through the logs, and everything looks as it should. We suggest you try installing Roland Cloud Manager on another computer on the same network, or connect your current computer to a different ISP and see if the problem persists.​
Regards,​
Travis

...then this email came right after the last...

We're sorry that we couldn't get you up and running, but we can only fix what we can control, and it's our belief that your specific situation involves factors outside our domain, hence the unusual troubleshooting suggestions.​
I've issued a refund on your monthly subscription.​
Regards,​
Travis

Utter nonsense from a company that were once magic!

Be warned, before parting with your hard earned cash..
xenobii2k

Post by xenobii2k »

At least they issued a refund. Thats better than most companies dude...
Happy

Post by Happy »

Had for years problems with Roland Cloud Manager in W10 on a 10 years old PC with 16GB memory. Not opening,. windows not opening, content not loading, and often get just stuck. Reinstalling clean W10 , different HDD etc etc.... no luck. Until changing the HDD to an SATA SSD and installing Windows 11 (no Secure boot, no-TPM, no supported CPU). W11 boot changed from 3 minutes to just 20~30 seconds and now RCM is coming in an acceptable response time window but it is it still slow compared to other appliactions. Not sure of the design, if this is the client code slow or the calls to the call that are slow. Definitely it looks like there is an opportunty for improvement.