Well, that was disappointing...

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
mimoid

Well, that was disappointing...

Post by mimoid »

... the latest additions to the Cloud, that is. A sampled electric piano and some sampled disco sounds. I was really expecting something more interesting, like the JX-3P virtual instrument.
jerry_merry

Re: Well, that was disappointing...

Post by jerry_merry »

I think many were. I actually hounded the team cloud a few weeks ago for an update on System-8 and plugouts. (I have already posted this on facebook).

Hello Roland Cloud. When will we we get some news of a new plugout(s) for the system 8. Its seems to have been completely ignored - but last year when roland was busy trying to sell the system 8 we were told of more plugouts summer 2017 - so here we are in the summer 2017 - what gives?

I've had some feedback from Roland Cloud. First of all I got. "There's still plenty of Summer left to go!" So I asked. "Just so we are both clear. When does summer officially end?" . I got the response September 22nd. So there we go only a matter of weeks before some news on the system 8.

While the answer does not hold me with expectation. I will wait until the 22nd September and see if anything actually develops.
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

Why are you asking Roland Cloud people about System 8 plug outs? They have nothing to do with the System 8.
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

Devnor wrote:Why are you asking Roland Cloud people about System 8 plug outs? They have nothing to do with the System 8.
That is not exactly true. I have both the System8 and a Roland Cloud account which I use with seamless integration, at least for me....I use both together. When I edit the Jupiter 8 or the 106, I do it on the software Cloud version because I can see the layout of the Jupiter 8 and 106 on the big ass screen I have with my 27 inch iMac better, then transfer the patch to the System 8

But WOW! was the new update instruments extremely dissapointing.
I am waiting for some plug-outs that can be transferred to the System 8.
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

Devnor wrote:Why are you asking Roland Cloud people about System 8 plug outs? They have nothing to do with the System 8.
Roland Cloud will be controlling the plugouts/content for System 8 owners, and there is supposedly a scheme in the pipeline to offer existing Roland contents store customers reduced Roland Cloud pricing because of this. (i.e. it's looking most likely to be the only method to acquire additional plug outs in the future)

Right now you have to be careful not to install the Roland Cloud versions as they will kill the Contents Store installs that are owned by users too - so there's a huge tie in with Roland Cloud, and a dangerous overlap there which could see you lose long term ownership of the plugouts due to a different copy protection system with the cloud versions.

Some plugout users may not even be aware of that facet, in fact.
Manic

Post by Manic »

Skijumptoes wrote:
Roland Cloud will be controlling the plugouts/content for System 8 owners, and there is supposedly a scheme in the pipeline to offer existing Roland contents store customers reduced Roland Cloud pricing because of this. (i.e. it's looking most likely to be the only method to acquire additional plug outs in the future)

Right now you have to be careful not to install the Roland Cloud versions as they will kill the Contents Store installs that are owned by users too - so there's a huge tie in with Roland Cloud, and a dangerous overlap there which could see you lose long term ownership of the plugouts due to a different copy protection system with the cloud versions.

Some plugout users may not even be aware of that facet, in fact.
You may face authorisation issues when you install both the purchased and cloud versions. But you won't lose lisence ownership or something. I think you can just uninstall the cloud version and maybe you have to re-install the purchased version, and I think you should be fine then.
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

I'm willing to bet that if you transfer to the System 8 owners plan on Roland Cloud you will lose entitlement to the initial plugouts. Could be wrong, but they will only want a single source to update moving forwards.

It's clear in the FAQ that running both content store and cloud versions creates 'challenges' for them.
jerry_merry

Post by jerry_merry »

AS all future instruments will only be available on the cloud it has everything to do with them.
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

Good to know. Thanks!