Roland JP8080 on Roland Cloud.

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
Doug_Horizon

Roland JP8080 on Roland Cloud.

Post by Doug_Horizon »

It would be great to see an exact software version of the famous Roland JP8080!

This has the trademark supersaw oscillator and the JP8080 has better features compared to the JP8000.

I'll definitely subscribe to Roland Cloud when the JP8080 gets assigned to this service!

I like some of the synths on Roland Cloud but the JP8080 would seal the deal for me!

Doug Horizon

:)
Manic

Re: Roland JP8080 on Roland Cloud.

Post by Manic »

If it would also be available as plugout for the system-8, then it would seal the deal for me as well!
papasan

Post by papasan »

The System 8 is already on the Cloud. It's been there for a few months now.
Doug_Horizon

Post by Doug_Horizon »

Apparently the JP8080 is on the list. Hopefully next year they'll take the focus out of the 1980's and focus more on the Roland synths of the 1990's.
mimoid

Post by mimoid »

papasan wrote:The System 8 is already on the Cloud. It's been there for a few months now.
I think he meant that he would like the possible upcoming JP-8000/8080 to be possible to plug out to the System-8.

I find it rather unlikely to have this synth modelled by DCB tech. It is one of Roland's first VA's - it is kind of like a very early pre-design mockup version of the System-8. Modelling it in the Roland Cloud would be pretty much like making a more crude and simplified version of System-8.
Manic

Post by Manic »

mimoid wrote:
papasan wrote:The System 8 is already on the Cloud. It's been there for a few months now.
I think he meant that he would like the possible upcoming JP-8000/8080 to be possible to plug out to the System-8.

I find it rather unlikely to have this synth modelled by DCB tech. It is one of Roland's first VA's - it is kind of like a very early pre-design mockup version of the System-8. Modelling it in the Roland Cloud would be pretty much like making a more crude and simplified version of System-8.
That is indeed what I meant.

I disagree with it being a simplified version of the S8: it had some unique features the S8 doesn't have, like unison detune, the feedback oscillator and I think the supersaw wave can sound very different.
But I agree that it maybe would make more sense to add these features to the current S8 engine.