thartnett

Re: Anthology 1986

Post by thartnett »

jerry_merry wrote:Release date for?
The "long overdue" JX instruments.
ranzee

Post by ranzee »

skinmechanic wrote:You will get the Jx8P and that will also plug-out to the S8 (and will be the last poly plug-out for the S8) the next plugout synth coming is in Q1 or Q2 2018 and will be compatible with two ACB's but more over it will be mainly about DCB's but like the concept for the JDXA it will allow cross over of the analogue and digital behaviour circuitry.
How accurate is this information?

You are basically claiming the System8 is dead by Q1/Q2 2018 ...
PaleSkinnySwede

Post by PaleSkinnySwede »

Skinmechanic might know something the rest of us don't. According to Roland Cloud's Facebook page they're making software versions of their entire catalogue. That doesn't, however, imply that they'll make plug-out versions of their old analogues; aalpha-Juno, Juno-6, Juno-60, Jupiter-4, Jupiter-6 and the likes.

If Roland is playing this smart they will also release another System unit (System-JD/JX/XV or just System-D) which can plug-out the D-50 and the coming software versions of their legacy digital synths, such as the JV-1080 which is rumoured to be around the corner.

Having a System-8 with a Jupiter-8, Juno-106 and a JX-8P isn't that bad. Is it? Those are 4 quite powerful sound creation engines in one rather light package.
skinmechanic

Post by skinmechanic »

The System 8 isn't dead, but the amount of plug-outs for it will be minimal as they are looking to expand their subscription base for the cloud. PSS is right having an outboard synth with practically 4 polyphonic synths inside isn't that bad for £1299?
PaleSkinnySwede

Post by PaleSkinnySwede »

PaleSkinnySwede wrote:
jerry_merry wrote:P.s PaleskinnySwede - I hope your analysis is right and we see a plugout based on the MKS-70/JX-10/JX-8P
Well, in all fairness I hope I'm right too. Also, congratulations on getting the JX-8P. It's a really nice instrument.
And here I was thinking they'd release the JX-*P before the JV-1080... How wrong was I?! :D