Roland Cloud impossible to use thanks to mega CPU hog

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
fizzyfizz

Roland Cloud impossible to use thanks to mega CPU hog

Post by fizzyfizz »

I'm trying to use the Roland Cloud instruments in Logic Pro X on an intel Core i7 Mac with 16GB RAM (High Sierra OS) but it's virtually impossible thanks to the CPU hog.

All other virtual instruments run fine (Arturia etc) just the Roland Cloud instruments crapping out and crashing Logic.

Anyone else have this problem?
thartnett

Re: Roland Cloud impossible to use thanks to mega CPU hog

Post by thartnett »

Which specific Roland Cloud instruments are you trying to use?
iixorb

Post by iixorb »

I'm using a 4 year old HP i5 laptop with 8gb and generally all the Roland cloud instruments are running fine. That said, I am only one using one or two of the Roland ones at the same time. I have noticed (in Ableton) that the Roland Jupiter 8 is more of a hog than the Arturia one, but still completely useable.

As the post above mine says, which ones are you struggling with, how many are you loading simultaneously and are you having this problem when no other vsts are running?
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

The Mac plugins are really CPU heavy vs it's competitors like Arturia etc., in fact, most of the ACB types from the legendary range, i.e. Juno 106 etc.

I expect they are just AU wrapped VST's or something to make life easier for Roland/Virtual Sonics?!
fizzyfizz

Post by fizzyfizz »

I've been using the Juno, Jupiter and System 1 plugins. Have given up now as it's impossible to compose with the frequent crashes.

Definitely a problem with the Roland software somewhere. As soon as I add one of their plugins on a track, the CPU meter maxes out. When the plugin is removed, the meter returns to normal.

Frustrating as from what I've managed to hear so far.. they sound really good.
skinmechanic

Post by skinmechanic »

I use the SH2, Jupiter 8, System 8 and Juno106 Plugins on an i5 (2014) Mac with 16gb RAM no issues as yet. Only once instance of each though.