Tr-808 and Tr-909 coming! (And some more orchestral stuff)

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
jerry_merry

Re: Tr-808 and Tr-909 coming! (And some more orchestral stuf

Post by jerry_merry »

Whoop Whoop - Its 2018 and we are pissing about with 90's SRX expansion shite.

Seriously is this "defining the future".

More like deafening the future........

Well done Roland on all your "effort".

Now go home - you're lazy.
mimoid

Post by mimoid »

I would have been surprised if the 808 and the 909 hadn't been released in the Cloud. They have already been recreated in both the Boutiques and the TR-8, so it was just to be expected that they would appear in VST form as well. I presume that the TB-303 will soon come too. But where is the JX-3P, I wonder...?

Not so sure about the orchestral stuff though - today there are vastly more powerful orchestral sample libs available for Kontakt and other sample players.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

jerry_merry wrote:Whoop Whoop - Its 2018 and we are pissing about with 90's SRX expansion shite.

More like deafening the future........

Well done Roland on all your "effort".

Now go home - you're lazy.
Looks like Roland are just putting the Integra 7 in software form. Don't get me wrong, I love my Integra and think it's probably the best rack module ever made, but given the choice between a monthly subscription for software with all the problems of drivers, CPU load, updates to the computer running it etc. or a box that is designed to do all that as a stand alone instrument with a keyboard connected over MIDI, and will still be working long after the computer isn't, I know which I'd rather go for....
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

jerry_merry wrote:Whoop Whoop - Its 2018 and we are pissing about with 90's SRX expansion shite.

More like deafening the future.........
On the contrary, having a low-cpu intensive sound module like the JV-1080 (Plus it's SRX expansions) being emulated is actually a really good tool for anyone wanting to write music and get some ideas down quick, i can definetly see the advantage of having a wide range of plugins like they're building.

As a hardware user myself, i always fall back onto sound modules over plugins if i want to do quick compositions as they always sit in a basic mix nicely without much tweaking, this is due to the sound palette being designed to work as such.
PaleSkinnySwede

Post by PaleSkinnySwede »

Agree. The "in the box" plugins makes it really easy to get some good drafts down while being away from the studio.

Now, about the TR-808 and TR-909 in the Cloud... I really, really, really hope they'll have individual outputs per pad/sound. Would make it sure easy to mix instead of running everything through just a stereo channel.

So, Roland. Give me 10 or 12 mono outputs as an option to the "stereo mix" output :)
SepticUnderground

Post by SepticUnderground »

PaleSkinnySwede wrote:Agree. The "in the box" plugins makes it really easy to get some good drafts down while being away from the studio.

Now, about the TR-808 and TR-909 in the Cloud... I really, really, really hope they'll have individual outputs per pad/sound. Would make it sure easy to mix instead of running everything through just a stereo channel.

So, Roland. Give me 10 or 12 mono outputs as an option to the "stereo mix" output :)

I am hoping for individual outs aswell, but knowning Roland and their 90s era plugin building I doubt it. I would enlist for the cloudservice if they do. But I want also that Roland implements an update to the tr8 so it can double as controller for the plugs. Again zero chance of that happening. Roland in my book is years behind with their design and software solutions.And I also think this cloudservice is whack
mimoid

Post by mimoid »

No drum machines... damn. That was what I was waiting for.