Roland Cloud 2.4.0 update crashes on macOS

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
Lerxst

Roland Cloud 2.4.0 update crashes on macOS

Post by Lerxst »

Updatet Roland Cloud yesterday, and now it seg fault (11) every time I try to launch it. I don't see anything in particular in /var/log/system.log, nor if I start the app from a terminal.
Does this happen to anyone else?
Mojave 10.14.6 (Mid 2015 27" iMac Retina, 32GB RAM)
IAAMusic

Re: Roland Cloud 2.4.0 update crashes on macOS

Post by IAAMusic »

Yes!
I have raised with support.

I have gone back to previous stable(ish) version.

The RCM has been pretty problematic on my Mac Mojave system and given its the core of the system it’s a bit alarming. I dread updating it.
Lerxst

Post by Lerxst »

Good to know I'm not the only one.

I think the entire RCM is a bit shaky on macOS, if there's an update for RCM, 9 out of 10 times I have to download the dmg installer and install it manually.

It simply fails to update itself if you try to within the app.
IAAMusic

Post by IAAMusic »

It simply fails to update itself if you try to within the app
Mostly my experience, and when it appears to have updated, it keeps saying it needs to update, which forced me to just ignore it.

The thing is it should be a robust and easy utility, but it’s not yet on my platform. I’ve never had a similar experience with other portals.....
SepticUnderground

Post by SepticUnderground »

Yeah after last Concerto update a few weeks, now the whole RCM crashes after the new patch last week.

I already unsubscribed my renewel and am done with it. This is too much hassle and b.s each time. And customer support is a joke.
drumster

Post by drumster »

The same thing has been happening to me as well. I just sent Roland Cloud a support ticket. Does anyone have an installer for the previous version of Roland Cloud that I could install?
Kultoff

Post by Kultoff »

Yes same here... macOS 10.14.6
At first Concerto didn't update, then RC manager stopped opening. I thought it was my system problem and I uninstalled RC and reinstalled, still doesn't open. I wrote to Roland support still no answer...

Do you have an old version installer or what else can we do? Just unsuscribe? ))
john_boy121

Post by john_boy121 »

Same, Captain 10.11.6

Downloaded and installed when I try to open up the cloud application it loads for a second and then crashes and says 'Roland Cloud Manager quit unexpectedly'. Have tried re installing etc many times but to no joy.

Please update this so can get using, am ready to pay for it if it works!!
IAAMusic

Post by IAAMusic »

If you can go back to a version that worked till they sort it out. Lots of us have raised support tickets, which is all we can do for now. Not good really for a top tier manufacturer!
IAAMusic

Post by IAAMusic »

Update, a revised installer 2.4.1 provided by the support team appears to work fine. So likely if you’ve raised a ticket you’ll have it or be getting it.
thartnett

Post by thartnett »

There's an updated version of Roland Cloud Manager (v2.4.1) available for download from http://www.rolandcloud.com which should fix this issue.

https://www.rolandcloud.com/catalog/ess ... ud-manager
SepticUnderground

RCM and Concerto seems to work again with above update. I still am very disappointed in the QC of those patches by Roland.
Stormchild

Post by Stormchild »

I can confirm 2.4.1 works fine on my Mac (macOS 10.14.6).

I don't understand the point of the redesign. It looks even worse than before. Stretched images; headings nearly indistinguishable from navigation items in the sidebar; embarrasingly bad graphic design; no indication which instruments are installed (you have to select them one by one to find out). Just terrible.
SepticUnderground

Yeah as much as I love their hardware stuff their software is really under par. At a premium price.

Same as why there isnt a software editor for the TR8s etc, Selecting sounds on it is a chore. I just want a editor in which I can select all those sounds via pulldown menus etc. I have a third party remote software for the unit so I can edit the decays/tuning etc on my apple screen ( I have the tr8s out of reach in the studio here)
IAAMusic

Post by IAAMusic »

no indication which instruments are installed (you have to select them one by one to find out)
Yes, that’s a real pain.

I like the idea behind the refresh but it’s implementation is more form over function.

The priorities for RCM ought to be

1/seamless and unobtrusive management of the cloud verification and connection
2/ easy management of updates (with good documentation on what the changes are)
3/easy installation options for installing ALL software where the user wants it.
4/legacy installers area to avoid repeats of 2.4 for those without backups
5/better management of off line authorisation. Being interrupted in your workflow to tap your credentials in is 20th century style

For now....