Roland XP-sequencer VST-emulator based on XP/Fantom(MRC-Pro)

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
ukpetia

Roland XP-sequencer VST-emulator based on XP/Fantom(MRC-Pro)

Post by ukpetia »

Hi guys!
If there are mistakes - don't get hung up on them! I'm just learning the language))
I want to raise an important question. My reflections from the category "What’s coming next?" But they are somewhat special and need a separate topic.
So, i've watched this in other forums as well.
Then people offered an incredible solution to 2 problems!

I have already said, that there are so many legendary synth emulators from Roland already available...
So, of course, they need a legendary sequencer, such as the MRC-Pro ( if you know what i am)
... more correctly (for everyone to understand), the workstation vst-emulator that contained this sequencer.
And what if we offered Roland to create a new VST-emulator (and badly needed by everyone)?
For example, the Roland XP-50 (80) emulator , or Fantom. Also, people have proposed MC-series (vintage groovebox (505, 909) and others..Why not?
ukpetia

Re: Roland XP-sequencer VST-emulator based on XP/Fantom(MRC-

Post by ukpetia »

Let's move on
Also, we'll solve another problem at the same time.
You will be able to open and edit SVQ files in your DAW, that you have been collecting for a long time).people have written a lot about converters for example SVQ to MIDI, and they were also expressing a bunch of problems with opening their old SVQ projects
And when I told them my idea, they were thrilled.
Just think: all in one plugin. Everything in your DAW. No converters. simple and convenient. And that will solve the problem and give new life to these files, new life for old projects.
And the XP or Fantom sounds are already present in the Sound Canvas vst, JV-1080 vst, XV-5080 vst, VS SRX vst... and others. Nice.
Although it will be possible to include in the "new" plugin again. Whatever.
ukpetia

Post by ukpetia »

Back in iron XP, the sequencer with lots of arpeggiator batches and blanks of songs was very practical and interesting to work with , but those editing tabs weren't very convenient. And now it can be implemented more conveniently for the user. Moreover, I have not met analogues to such things.
I personally know that there are many interested in this. But we need to be heard! Because for now it is only a dream.
Who has good friends in Roland, put in a good word)))
DAMN SUBSTANDARD CONVERTERS) GO - ROLAND-XP VSTi!!!))... OR FANTOM!!)... WITH THE SEQUENCER!!)
Foksadure

Post by Foksadure »

ukpetia wrote: 15:43, 21 March 2020You will be able to open and edit SVQ files in your DAW, that you have been collecting for a long time).people have written a lot about converters for example SVQ to MIDI, and they were also expressing a bunch of problems with opening their old SVQ projects
Awave Studio 11+ now does a fine job at converting SVQ.

https://www.fmjsoft.com/awavestudio.html#main
This program can read several versions of the format ('SV00', 'SV02 and 'SV03' ids) - do let us know if you find a file that doesn't work!

SVQ - Roland Sequencer V0 file
SVQ - Roland Sequencer V1 file
SVQ - Roland Sequencer V2 file
SVQ - Roland Sequencer V3 file
SVQ - Roland Sequencer V4 file
SVQ - Roland Sequencer chunk-V4 file
Works like a charm with SVQ (SV00) from my XP-50.