Authorization Error - RCM Service not connected

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
KernelEventAgent

Post by KernelEventAgent »

Trust Roland synths to put a damper on creativity by constantly logging out and removing licenses .

BrianMcClelland

Re: Authorization Error - RCM Service not connected

Post by BrianMcClelland »

KernelEventAgent wrote: 20:58, 11 April 2022 Trust Roland synths to put a damper on creativity by constantly logging out and removing licenses .

Hi, KernelEventAgent! Brian from Roland Cloud here. Sorry to hear that you're having a connection issue with the service. The most common fix for this is to restart the machine. If this does not correct the issue, please feel free to reach out to us through the Contact Support portal in the lower left menu of Roland Cloud Manager, and we'll take care of you. Thanks! 😊
7thheaven

Post by 7thheaven »

Same issue, and NOT happy at all. My membership is up to date. There should be no reason to re-validate every single time I want to use this. And restarting every time is a MAJOR pain. NOT cool!!!!!!!!!!!
RolandSchitt

Post by RolandSchitt »

Please help! I'm having the same issue here. I updated Roland Cloud Manager, but still I get this error message. Restarting my machine does not help. This is making it impossible to use my D-50 software synth. MacBook Air (M1, 2020) running Logic Pro X 10.7.4
BrianMcClelland

Post by BrianMcClelland »

7thheaven wrote: 10:51, 4 April 2023 Same issue, and NOT happy at all. My membership is up to date. There should be no reason to re-validate every single time I want to use this. And restarting every time is a MAJOR pain. NOT cool!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi, 7thheaven. Brian from Roland Cloud here. Sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with the login process. Commonly, there are password management tips that we can provide to help smooth this process out for you. Please reach out to us through the Contact Support portal in Roland Cloud Manager. If you have RCM 3.0, the Contact Support portal is in the top right Settings menu. Thanks for letting us know!

RolandSchitt wrote: 17:11, 11 April 2023 Please help! I'm having the same issue here. I updated Roland Cloud Manager, but still I get this error message. Restarting my machine does not help. This is making it impossible to use my D-50 software synth. MacBook Air (M1, 2020) running Logic Pro X 10.7.4
Hey, Roland. If restarting the machine has not corrected the issue, we recommend downloading the installer package from the link below. First, run the uninstaller, then run the installer, and you'll be set with a fresh copy of Roland Cloud Manager 3.0.1. As always, please feel free to reach out to us through that Contact Support portal if you need further assistance, and we'll take care of you. Thanks! 😊

https://www.roland.com/us/products/rc_r ... d_manager/
lasagne

Post by lasagne »

Same issue for me today. This is extremely frustrating and disappointing. Thankfully, I do not have to perform with Roland VST's, because I cannot use them due to this licensing crap. I cannot trust that it will work when I need to use it for a show, so Roland VST's are useless to me at this time.

My frustration is deeply compounded by this particular fact: The two VST's I am using have Play4Life licenses.

Another horrific side effect of this is that Ableton Live! totally crashes when I attempt to open a Live Set that uses these VST's. This forces me to kill Live's process outright. Symptom: Live! will not start or open, goes grey, does not recover but keeps popping out RCM errors)

I am on the latest Live version 11.3.2. OS is Windows 11. 128GB RAM, 8-core i9-9900 CPU running at 4.68 GHz. This most certainly is not a hardware issue.

This issue is also more recent. The only change on my side is that RCM was updated to version 3.0.2. I cannot exactly correlate upgrading RCM with this problem; yet I just cannot recall having this problem prior to the update.
JSRoland1031

Post by JSRoland1031 »

lasagne wrote: 08:10, 2 June 2023 Same issue for me today. This is extremely frustrating and disappointing. Thankfully, I do not have to perform with Roland VST's, because I cannot use them due to this licensing crap. I cannot trust that it will work when I need to use it for a show, so Roland VST's are useless to me at this time.

My frustration is deeply compounded by this particular fact: The two VST's I am using have Play4Life licenses.

Another horrific side effect of this is that Ableton Live! totally crashes when I attempt to open a Live Set that uses these VST's. This forces me to kill Live's process outright. Symptom: Live! will not start or open, goes grey, does not recover but keeps popping out RCM errors)

I am on the latest Live version 11.3.2. OS is Windows 11. 128GB RAM, 8-core i9-9900 CPU running at 4.68 GHz. This most certainly is not a hardware issue.

This issue is also more recent. The only change on my side is that RCM was updated to version 3.0.2. I cannot exactly correlate upgrading RCM with this problem; yet I just cannot recall having this problem prior to the update.
Hi Lasagne. Jon from Roland Cloud here. I have a few questions regarding the issues you are experiencing. I sent you a private message so we can get this taken care of. Thank you!
naeemwbm8

Post by naeemwbm8 »

To resolve this issue, I recommend the following steps:
https://northlandz.com/thomas-friends
Check your internet connection: Ensure that you have a stable and reliable internet connection. If you're using a wireless network, try connecting via an Ethernet cable to rule out any potential connectivity problems.

Restart the device: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary glitches. Turn off your device, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on. This can help refresh the connection and potentially resolve the authorization error.

Verify RCM service status: Check if the RCM service is currently experiencing any known outages or maintenance periods. You can visit the official support website or contact the service provider for more information.

Clear cache and cookies: If the issue persists, clearing your browser's cache and cookies can help eliminate any corrupt or outdated data that might be causing the error. Refer to your browser's settings or preferences to find the option to clear cache and cookies.

Contact support: If none of the above steps resolve the problem, reach out to the customer support or technical support of the RCM service provider. They should be able to assist you further and provide specific troubleshooting steps tailored to your situation.

Remember to provide as much detail as possible about the error message you're encountering, the steps you've already taken, and any relevant information that might assist the support team in diagnosing and resolving the issue.
NBPatchwerks1030

Post by NBPatchwerks1030 »

naeemwbm8 wrote: 01:11, 19 July 2023 To resolve this issue, I recommend the following steps:
https://northlandz.com/thomas-friends
Check your internet connection: Ensure that you have a stable and reliable internet connection. If you're using a wireless network, try connecting via an Ethernet cable to rule out any potential connectivity problems.

Restart the device: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary glitches. Turn off your device, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on. This can help refresh the connection and potentially resolve the authorization error.

Verify RCM service status: Check if the RCM service is currently experiencing any known outages or maintenance periods. You can visit the official support website or contact the service provider for more information.

Clear cache and cookies: If the issue persists, clearing your browser's cache and cookies can help eliminate any corrupt or outdated data that might be causing the error. Refer to your browser's settings or preferences to find the option to clear cache and cookies.

Contact support: If none of the above steps resolve the problem, reach out to the customer support or technical support of the RCM service provider. They should be able to assist you further and provide specific troubleshooting steps tailored to your situation.

Remember to provide as much detail as possible about the error message you're encountering, the steps you've already taken, and any relevant information that might assist the support team in diagnosing and resolving the issue.
Thanks for the troubleshooting steps, but I'm curious, the link you provided is for an event in the past, what is the context of that in terms of fixing these issues?