Legendary Synths cause CPU spikes in Ableton 11

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
chackiejam

Legendary Synths cause CPU spikes in Ableton 11

Post by chackiejam »

Hi

I'm getting serious CPU spikes in Ableton with all the latest updates to this date.
I'm running only one instance (optimized for cpu) and it's lagging terribly.

I'm running this on a MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021) with an M1 Pro chipset.

In Logic I don't have such problems.
What am I missing?

Of course I did all the basic obvious trouble shoot stuff (update, latency, buffersize, optimise etc)

I've attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

I really want this to work.

Thanks for helping me.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-05-11 at 20.54.07.png
Screenshot 2022-05-11 at 20.54.07.png (1.77 MiB) Viewed 2235 times
BrianMcClelland

Re: Legendary Synths cause CPU spikes in Ableton 11

Post by BrianMcClelland »

chackiejam wrote: 19:56, 11 May 2022 Hi

I'm getting serious CPU spikes in Ableton with all the latest updates to this date.

What am I missing?

Of course I did all the basic obvious trouble shoot stuff (update, latency, buffersize, optimise etc)

Thanks for helping me.
Hi, chackiejam! Brian from Roland Cloud here. Sorry to hear that you've been having spiking issues.

You may have already seen the posts about updating. It is recommended to update all of the instruments in The Roland Cloud Manager Library as these recent ones contain the M1 compatibility patches. At this time, the AU versions are the formats that are M1 native.

If you are experiencing issues with spiking after the update, it may be recommended to clear the Roland Cloud instruments from your DAW session and reinstantiate them in their tracks. Please feel free to reach out to us through the Contact Support portal in the lower left menu in Roland Cloud Manager for further assistance. Thanks!
almazmusic

Post by almazmusic »

BrianMcClelland wrote: 00:04, 2 June 2022

What am I missing?

Thanks for helping me.
Hi, chackiejam! Brian from Roland Cloud here. Sorry to hear that you've been having spiking issues.

You may have already seen the posts about updating. It is recommended to update all of the instruments in The Roland Cloud Manager Library as these recent ones contain the M1 compatibility patches. At this time, the AU versions are the formats that are M1 native.

If you are experiencing issues with spiking after the update, it may be recommended to clear the Roland Cloud instruments from your DAW session and reinstantiate them in their tracks. Please feel free to reach out to us through the Contact Support portal in the lower left menu in Roland Cloud Manager for further assistance. Thanks!
Hi, Brian!

Got the same behavior for VST3 version across all my DAWs I'm working with? and it is a lot: Cubase 11/12, Ableton Live 11.1 (latest), Bitwig 4.4 (latest), Reaper 6.7 (latest). All Roland instruments are spiking as hell, especially when losing focus, it spikes to 100%.

I'm also at MBP16 with M1Pro CPU.

As you see I'm not working with AU in all cases, so I need a working VST3 versions.

Brian, please confirm that Roland developers are working on Apple Silicon Native for VST3 versions?

Thanks!

UPD: https://youtu.be/Z4R5eBGI-2M - here is a short video of the CPU spike performance issue.
BrianMcClelland

almazmusic wrote: 19:52, 24 November 2022
BrianMcClelland wrote: 00:04, 2 June 2022

What am I missing?

Thanks for helping me.

Hi, Brian!

Got the same behavior for VST3 version across all my DAWs I'm working with? and it is a lot: Cubase 11/12, Ableton Live 11.1 (latest), Bitwig 4.4 (latest), Reaper 6.7 (latest). All Roland instruments are spiking as hell, especially when losing focus, it spikes to 100%.

I'm also at MBP16 with M1Pro CPU.

As you see I'm not working with AU in all cases, so I need a working VST3 versions.

Brian, please confirm that Roland developers are working on Apple Silicon Native for VST3 versions?

Thanks!

UPD: https://youtu.be/Z4R5eBGI-2M - here is a short video of the CPU spike performance issue.
Hi, almazmusic! I've just responded to your inquiry on the Gear Space board regarding this, but I'll post here as well. Yes, we are actively working on VST for Apple Silicon. We'll have a big post in the News section of Roland Cloud Manager when these are available. Thanks!
almazmusic

Post by almazmusic »

Glad to hear that, Brian!

Thanks for the fast reply.
BrianMcClelland

almazmusic wrote: 10:42, 29 November 2022 Glad to hear that, Brian!

Thanks for the fast reply.
You got it! Feel free to reach out any time. Thanks. 😊