Apple Silicon Native?

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
Djehuti

Apple Silicon Native?

Post by Djehuti »

I recently read that Roland Cloud instruments are all native on Apple Silicon, which was quite a surprise to me, since they don't show up in Cubase unless I run it under Rosetta.

I found that it looks like the AUs are all Universal, but the vst2/vst3 plugins are still x86-only.

Is this correct, or is my installation broken in some way? (Ultimate subscription here.)
BrianMcClelland

Re: Apple Silicon Native?

Post by BrianMcClelland »

Djehuti wrote: 00:00, 1 June 2022 I recently read that Roland Cloud instruments are all native on Apple Silicon, which was quite a surprise to me, since they don't show up in Cubase unless I run it under Rosetta.

I found that it looks like the AUs are all Universal, but the vst2/vst3 plugins are still x86-only.

Is this correct, or is my installation broken in some way? (Ultimate subscription here.)
Hi, Djehuti! Brian from Roland Cloud here. The Roland Cloud Collection AU formats are native to Apple Silicon, while the AAX & VST formats run in Rosetta 2. For a comprehensive list of compatibility with Apple Silicon, check out the info here:

Roland Cloud Apple Silicon Compatibility
https://www.roland.com/global/support/s ... lang=en-JM

Thanks! 😊