Ultimate.Play4Life question

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
encore

Ultimate.Play4Life question

Post by encore »

Hello,

I have seen that a there is a new play 4 life offer at the moment
https://www.roland.com/cloud/promos/play4life/

I bought an Ultimate.P4L license last year, will it allow me to get 2 P4L instruments EVERY year ?
As soon as I am paying the RENEWAL of my ultimate RC subscription every year obviously
Or
Is the offer of 2 P4L instruments licenses I bought was allowing me to get 2 P4L instruments only fort the FIRST / ONE year and therefore I should buy the above offer in order to somehow "renew" my P4L subscription for this year too and get 2 new instruments this year as well ?

Sorry for the confusion.

thanks for your answer(s)
Cheers, Eric
BrianMcClelland

Re: Ultimate.Play4Life question

Post by BrianMcClelland »

encore wrote: 13:26, 15 July 2022 Hello,

I have seen that a there is a new play 4 life offer at the moment
https://www.roland.com/cloud/promos/play4life/

I bought an Ultimate.P4L license last year, will it allow me to get 2 P4L instruments EVERY year ?
As soon as I am paying the RENEWAL of my ultimate RC subscription every year obviously
Or
Is the offer of 2 P4L instruments licenses I bought was allowing me to get 2 P4L instruments only fort the FIRST / ONE year and therefore I should buy the above offer in order to somehow "renew" my P4L subscription for this year too and get 2 new instruments this year as well ?

Sorry for the confusion.

thanks for your answer(s)
Cheers, Eric
Hi, Eric! Brian from Roland Cloud here. It's good to hear from you. If you signed up for Play 4 Life during the 2021 Holiday season and got the Ultimate Annual membership for example, you would receive two Reward Instrument Lifetime Keys per every year of your membership, up to a maximum of 10 Reward Instrument Lifetime Keys.

If you were to sign up for this Play 4 Life July 2022 promotion after having signed up for the P4L 21 Holiday season promotion, it would restart your annual membership date from the holiday signup in the middle of membership, effectively taking longer to accrue the same rewards. For this reason, we recommend keeping the Play 4 Life membership you have, if you already have one. Switching to the current Play 4 Life offering from a previous Play 4 Life promotion, would not actually add extra rewards to your account, unless you were to upgrade from a previous Pro Annual Play 4 Life membership to an Ultimate Annual Play 4 Life membership.

That may be a lot of info for new members (😆), so, as always, if you have questions about account specifics, please feel free to reach out to us through the Contact Support portal in the lower left corner of Roland Cloud Manager, and we will take care of you. Thanks!
encore

Post by encore »

Hello Brian,

thanks a lot for your fast and detailed reply.
In fact while digging a bit more I realize now that I did not bought the P4L offer in 2021 but at the end of 2020 so I do not know if the conditions were exactly the same as I have no idea where I could found them now as in the web page screen dump I did at that time (below) there was no mention about neither a limitation of 10 Lifetime key nor if I would get these lifetime keys every year. In fact, this point was not clear at all to me so that why I created this topic / question in the RC forum ;o)

Anyway, I will keep then my initial P4L subscription as you suggested it to me and wait and see if I am reciving an email informing me that I can choose 2 instrument lifetime keys by the end of this year. I was not aware about this 10 lifetime keys limitation so its good to know as well.

I am wishing you an excellent end of day.
best regards,
Eric
Attachments
Roland Cloud Play for Life Offer.jpg
Roland Cloud Play for Life Offer.jpg (2.03 MiB) Viewed 5254 times
ommoran

Post by ommoran »

So... I have a dumb question about Roland Cloud's Play 4 Life.

I have just purchased (and awaiting delivery of) a Fantom-06. No sense at this time in starting my Roland Cloud subscription until I have the unit, and I see I have just missed the Play 4 Life offer. Timing, as they say, is everything. This is also why I have never made a killing in the stock market.

It appears that the Roland Cloud Play 4 Life offer comes around fairly regularly, and I hope there will be another one in November as there was last year. Is there a way to "upgrade" to Play 4 Life if I already have a Pro or Ultimate account when the special comes along? Should I just coast along on the Core plan until Play 4 Life comes along?

It's really too bad that Play 4 Life is not the permanent membership - I think that might actually take away a lot of the (perhaps undue) criticism of the subscription.

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions!
BrianMcClelland

ommoran wrote: 00:05, 26 August 2022 So... I have a dumb question about Roland Cloud's Play 4 Life.

I have just purchased (and awaiting delivery of) a Fantom-06. No sense at this time in starting my Roland Cloud subscription until I have the unit, and I see I have just missed the Play 4 Life offer. Timing, as they say, is everything. This is also why I have never made a killing in the stock market.

It appears that the Roland Cloud Play 4 Life offer comes around fairly regularly, and I hope there will be another one in November as there was last year. Is there a way to "upgrade" to Play 4 Life if I already have a Pro or Ultimate account when the special comes along? Should I just coast along on the Core plan until Play 4 Life comes along?

It's really too bad that Play 4 Life is not the permanent membership - I think that might actually take away a lot of the (perhaps undue) criticism of the subscription.

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions!
Hi, ommoran! Brian from Roland Cloud here. This is not a dumb question at all. We definitely will offer a path to upgrading current memberships when Play 4 Life comes around again. Upgrading current memberships to Play 4 Life is pretty easy to do.

Also, congrats on the FANTOM-06! We have a ton of free expansions available in Roland Cloud Manager.
The list below shows the free-to-download products for the Fantom-06/07/08. (Any other products require the purchase of a Lifetime Key before you can download them):

SuperNATURAL Acoustic Piano 1 for FANTOM-0
SuperNATURAL Electric Piano 1 for FANTOM-0
SuperNATURAL Acoustic Piano 2 for FANTOM-0
--
SDZ004 Hyperwave for FANTOM-0
SDZ006 Lo-Fi Beats for FANTOM-0
SDZ021 New Romantic for FANTOM-0
SDZ027 Nu Sunset for FANTOM-0
SDZ034 Analog Bass for FANTOM-0
SDZ040 Analog Poly Synths for FANTOM-0
SDZ046 Vocal Injections for FANTOM-0
SDZ048 LA Synths for FANTOM-0
SDZ080 World Instruments 2 for FANTOM-0
SDZ084 Lush Plucks and Pads for FANTOM-0
--
EXZ001 Stage Piano 1 for FANTOM-0
EXZ002 Stage Piano 2 for FANTOM-0
EXZ003 Session Drums for FANTOM-0
EXZ004 Power Drums for FANTOM-0
EXZ005 Studio Sounds for FANTOM-0
EXZ006 World Instruments for FANTOM-0
EXZ007 Orchestra for FANTOM-0
EXZ008 Vintage Keys for FANTOM-0
EXZ009 Symphonique Strings for FANTOM-0
EXZ010 Big Brass Ensemble for FANTOM-0
EXZ011 Classic EPs for FANTOM-0
EXZ012 Dance Trax for FANTOM-0
EXZ013 Concert Grand Piano for FANTOM-0
EXZ014 Complete Piano for FANTOM-0
EXZ015 Vintage Synth for FANTOM-0

Thanks!
3ardrone

Post by 3ardrone »

I signed up in 2021.. I am not seeing any new Lifetime Keys . Only 2022 Keys.

When willI see my newLifetime Keys?
BrianMcClelland

3ardrone wrote: 18:59, 28 December 2022 I signed up in 2021.. I am not seeing any new Lifetime Keys . Only 2022 Keys.

When willI see my newLifetime Keys?
Hi, 3ardrone. We can help with that. Please reach out to us through the Contact Support portal in the lower left menu of Roland Cloud Manager and we'll take care of you. Thanks!
Calvin7s

Post by Calvin7s »

Hi Brian,
Figured I would just keep the Ultimate Play4Life questions in this same running thread instead of starting a new one.

Question 1:
I started my Play4Life subscription December 2020. It renews each year on January 31 because I happened to try the 30 day trial before buying the Play4Life. December 2021, I manually clicked the Play4Life subscription to get my second year of ultimate.

But I was wondering, do I actually have to choose the Play4Life manually each December (or before January 10, 2023 the current Play4Life offer deadline) or should I just let my Ultimate.P4L auto renew on January 31, 2023? The terms suggest I get 2 lifetime instruments a year up to 5 years (10 lifetime instruments total for Ultimate).

I'd much rather just let it auto renew on January 31, 2023 and get my 3rd year of P4L, but don't want to assume that is what will happen. So manually renew Ultimate.P4L or automatic next charge 1/31/23 to get 3rd Ultimate.P4L year?

Question 2:
Last year I picked the Juno-60 as a lifetime instrument. Then this year, Roland came out with the Analog Polysynth Collection that has the Juno-60 as one of the five instruments included. If I purchase this collection, do I pay the full $499 or get about a $100 credit applied ($499 / 5 instruments = about $100 each) because I already have the Juno-60 lifetime license? If not, can I change my lifetime Juno 60 license to something not in the Analog Polysynth Collection?

Question 3:
Just for fun - any idea of the next collection pack? So far Zenology Pro Analog Icons, Analog Polysynth, and Drum Machine collections. Any plans for
A. Collection: SH-101, Promars, SH-2, System 100, System-1, System-8
B. Collection: All 10 SRX
C. Collection: D-50, JD-800, JV-1080, XV-5080, Sound Canvas
BrianMcClelland

Calvin7s wrote: 08:19, 6 January 2023 Hi Brian,
Figured I would just keep the Ultimate Play4Life questions in this same running thread instead of starting a new one.

Question 1:
I started my Play4Life subscription December 2020. It renews each year on January 31 because I happened to try the 30 day trial before buying the Play4Life. December 2021, I manually clicked the Play4Life subscription to get my second year of ultimate.

But I was wondering, do I actually have to choose the Play4Life manually each December (or before January 10, 2023 the current Play4Life offer deadline) or should I just let my Ultimate.P4L auto renew on January 31, 2023? The terms suggest I get 2 lifetime instruments a year up to 5 years (10 lifetime instruments total for Ultimate).

I'd much rather just let it auto renew on January 31, 2023 and get my 3rd year of P4L, but don't want to assume that is what will happen. So manually renew Ultimate.P4L or automatic next charge 1/31/23 to get 3rd Ultimate.P4L year?

Question 2:
Last year I picked the Juno-60 as a lifetime instrument. Then this year, Roland came out with the Analog Polysynth Collection that has the Juno-60 as one of the five instruments included. If I purchase this collection, do I pay the full $499 or get about a $100 credit applied ($499 / 5 instruments = about $100 each) because I already have the Juno-60 lifetime license? If not, can I change my lifetime Juno 60 license to something not in the Analog Polysynth Collection?

Question 3:
Just for fun - any idea of the next collection pack? So far Zenology Pro Analog Icons, Analog Polysynth, and Drum Machine collections. Any plans for
A. Collection: SH-101, Promars, SH-2, System 100, System-1, System-8
B. Collection: All 10 SRX
C. Collection: D-50, JD-800, JV-1080, XV-5080, Sound Canvas
Hi, Calvin7s. I can assist with this.

1. The current Play 4 Life membership will auto renew at the end of the term to continue earning you rewards, unless the membership is cancelled, so it is not necessary to manually renew.

2. The instrument bundles are not able to be changed, but the reward instrument Lifetime Key selections can be modified by logging into RolandCloud.com/ and heading to the My Account section in the top right. There you will find a Rewards widget that will allow you to select or modify your selection for reward instruments. You can easily swap your JUNO-60 selection for another instrument by clicking on the trash icon next to the JUNO-60 selection to clear it from your current configuration. This will allow you to pick your reward instrument again.

This feature works as long as you have an active membership. Once your membership term is completed, or if you cancel your membership, these selections will be locked in. Even then, you could opt for a simple Core monthly membership ($2.99/mo) to reactivate your account to modify your selections again.

3. Nice selections! We may offer more of these options this year, but we will only announce releases once everything is complete and ready to go. Great question.

Feel free to reach out anytime. Thanks! 😊
Calvin7s

Post by Calvin7s »

Thanks Brian. You really do a great job for Roland on this forum.
danx

Post by danx »

Hi
I have the Ultimate play 4 life subscription.
Last December it got renewed but I don't find the option to select my new two lifetime instruments licenses.
I contact support and they seem very confused and told me that play 4 life promotion ended on 2020.
My actual subscription is Ultimate play 4 life.

Thanks
BrianMcClelland

danx wrote: 19:08, 24 January 2023 Hi
Last December it got renewed but I don't find the option to select my new two lifetime instruments licenses.
I contact support and they seem very confused and told me that play 4 life promotion ended on 2020.

Thanks
Hi, danx. Brian from Roland Cloud here. I can assist with this! I'll reach out direct to help sort this out. Thanks for letting me know. 😊
DarkSidhe

Post by DarkSidhe »

BrianMcClelland wrote: 23:52, 24 January 2023
danx wrote: 19:08, 24 January 2023 Hi

Thanks
Hi, danx. Brian from Roland Cloud here. I can assist with this! I'll reach out direct to help sort this out. Thanks for letting me know. 😊

I know I am jumping on this thread rather late, but I found this while researching my issue, and it describes my exact issue. I have been on ultimate play 4 life since November 2021 with an auto renewal in November of 2022, and I am still only showing two rewards instruments slots. Since I saw that this got resolved for other posters, I was hoping it might work for me. Thanks!
dboulden

Post by dboulden »

DarkSidhe wrote: 17:56, 21 March 2023 I know I am jumping on this thread rather late, but I found this while researching my issue, and it describes my exact issue. I have been on ultimate play 4 life since November 2021 with an auto renewal in November of 2022, and I am still only showing two rewards instruments slots. Since I saw that this got resolved for other posters, I was hoping it might work for me. Thanks!
I am also in this situation with a Pro.P4L sub that I started in Dec 2021. I contacted support and was told I don't get to use my 2nd P4L section until the end of my current year. It seems a bit harsh since I'm paying annually in advance, but even when I questioned it I was given a firm "No, you don't get it until the end of the subscription year".
DarkSidhe

Post by DarkSidhe »

dboulden wrote: 17:42, 22 March 2023
DarkSidhe wrote: 17:56, 21 March 2023 I know I am jumping on this thread rather late, but I found this while researching my issue, and it describes my exact issue. I have been on ultimate play 4 life since November 2021 with an auto renewal in November of 2022, and I am still only showing two rewards instruments slots. Since I saw that this got resolved for other posters, I was hoping it might work for me. Thanks!
I am also in this situation with a Pro.P4L sub that I started in Dec 2021. I contacted support and was told I don't get to use my 2nd P4L section until the end of my current year. It seems a bit harsh since I'm paying annually in advance, but even when I questioned it I was given a firm "No, you don't get it until the end of the subscription year".
That is disappointing, but at least better than the silence I have encountered so far. Thanks for the reply!