Roland Cloud VST / Roland Boutique MIDI Mapping

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
toddkblake

Roland Cloud VST / Roland Boutique MIDI Mapping

Post by toddkblake »

Hello,

I'm trying out the Roland JUNO-60 plug-in on trial. I currently have a JU-06A, but am finding the 4 voices too limiting. According to the Roland website, the plugin should be pre-mapped for control from my JU-06A. Examples from the marketing:
Pre-mapped for one-to-one control from the SYSTEM-8, JU-06, and JU-06A hardware
And for DAW-focused workflows, it’s possible to use the SYSTEM-8 or a Roland Boutique JU-06/JU-06A for one-to-one, hands-on control of the JUNO-60 plug-in.
Yet, in the plug-in the only including midi mapping is for System 8, which is not even remotely similar to the JU-06A MIDI implementation. Is there a way to map this other than via MIDI learn? Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Todd
BrianMcClelland

Re: Roland Cloud VST / Roland Boutique MIDI Mapping

Post by BrianMcClelland »

toddkblake wrote: 22:08, 5 November 2022 Hello,

I'm trying out the Roland JUNO-60 plug-in on trial. I currently have a JU-06A, but am finding the 4 voices too limiting. According to the Roland website, the plugin should be pre-mapped for control from my JU-06A. Examples from the marketing:
Pre-mapped for one-to-one control from the SYSTEM-8, JU-06, and JU-06A hardware
And for DAW-focused workflows, it’s possible to use the SYSTEM-8 or a Roland Boutique JU-06/JU-06A for one-to-one, hands-on control of the JUNO-60 plug-in.
Yet, in the plug-in the only including midi mapping is for System 8, which is not even remotely similar to the JU-06A MIDI implementation. Is there a way to map this other than via MIDI learn? Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Todd
Hi, Todd! Brian from Roland Cloud here. I do not currently have a JU-06A to test this with, but I do have a TR-06 that has a similar feature. When connecting the TR-06 to the TR-606, I did use MIDI Learn to map the plugin to the hardware, then I saved it as a template in my DAW. This took about 5 minutes, but lead to hours of fun jamming. I highly recommend it, it's a great way to control your favorite Roland instruments. Great question. Thanks!
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

Same problem here, I can't map the arp, or patch changes with boutique. This is false advertisement at it's finest. I specifically bought the ju-06a to be a midi controller for cloud juno-60 vst.

Roland needs to fix this now!
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

SFC Juno V3 with Tals U-NO-LX problem solved integration works flawlessly

https://www.perfectcircuit.com/soundfor ... 60-v3.html