Incompatible AU on Logic 10.7.5

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
PioneerDJ

Incompatible AU on Logic 10.7.5

Post by PioneerDJ »

Hi,

I just updated Logic to the latest version 10.7.5 on MacOS Ventura 13.0.1 and some of the Roland Cloud plugins fail the Logic Plugin Validation and show as incompatible.

The affected items are:
Zenology FX
Juno-60 - Chorus
Concerto
Juno-106
Juno-60
Jupiter-4
Jupiter-8
JX-3P
System-8
Zenology

The others all passed fine. I have loaded Zenology successfully, but it will not pass the validation. Is this something that Roland are looking at does anyone know?

BrianMcClelland

Re: Incompatible AU on Logic 10.7.5

Post by BrianMcClelland »

PioneerDJ wrote: 14:50, 16 November 2022 Hi,

I just updated Logic to the latest version 10.7.5 on MacOS Ventura 13.0.1 and some of the Roland Cloud plugins fail the Logic Plugin Validation and show as incompatible.

The affected items are:
Zenology FX
Juno-60 - Chorus
Concerto
Juno-106
Juno-60
Jupiter-4
Jupiter-8
JX-3P
System-8
Zenology

The others all passed fine. I have loaded Zenology successfully, but it will not pass the validation. Is this something that Roland are looking at does anyone know?

Hi, PioneerDJ! Brian from Roland Cloud here. Yes, we are aware of this issue and we have a fix for it.

1. Open Logic’s Plugin Manager

2. On the plug-in manager window, the failed instrument will be listed as failed validation and can be ordered by compatibility for easy visualization

3. Check the “Use” column for the failed validation plugins

4. Click on the “Done” button

5. Save and restart Logic

6. Now you can insert the previously failed plug-ins, these can be found on the AU type and with the [Incompatible] tag, but now can be loaded without issues.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Thanks!
PioneerDJ

Post by PioneerDJ »

Thanks, I have already done that and have successfully used the plugins, except Concerto which is showing that I am not licenced, which is odd. Are Roland going to update the plugins so they do pass validation in the future?
BrianMcClelland

PioneerDJ wrote: 16:56, 18 November 2022 Thanks, I have already done that and have successfully used the plugins, except Concerto which is showing that I am not licenced, which is odd. Are Roland going to update the plugins so they do pass validation in the future?
Hi, PioneerDJ. Yes, definitely. There are always a few things to straighten out on our end as the big companies roll out new operating systems. We're working on this actively at present.

Regarding Concerto, this is actually a good error, here's why. Concerto may show this message because it was discontinued recently. Head to the Library in Roland Cloud Manager and select Discontinued in the top row. This will take you to the Anthology Series releases for Concerto. Download any Anthology Series release and receive a new version of Concerto with no authorization check. Enjoy!
motnaf

Post by motnaf »

I came here for the same problem. Thank you for your help @BrianMcClelland !
motnaf

Post by motnaf »

The other problem I had with the same software/versions on a Mac M1: couldn’t get the Logic plugin to work with my Fantom, while it would with MainStage.

After troubleshooting for 2 hours and re-installing drivers, plugins, etc, I figured that launching Logic with the setting “Open with Rosetta” fixed my problem.
BrianMcClelland

motnaf wrote: 07:09, 20 November 2022 I came here for the same problem. Thank you for your help @BrianMcClelland !
You got it, motnaf. We're working to get everything updated for the new systems, so if you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to reach out to me and I'll assist. Thanks! 🙌
gidziu432

Post by gidziu432 »

hallo,

I have big problem with compatibility on my Mac, after I change my system to Ventura Mac my zenology says;
The plug-in named “ZENOLOGY” isn’t available on your system.
Ive made all downloads etc new and try everything but still don't see zenology.

:(

Greg
BrianMcClelland

gidziu432 wrote: 22:46, 22 November 2022 hallo,

I have big problem with compatibility on my Mac, after I change my system to Ventura Mac my zenology says;
The plug-in named “ZENOLOGY” isn’t available on your system.
Ive made all downloads etc new and try everything but still don't see zenology.

:(

Greg

Hi, Greg. Sorry to hear that you're not able to access ZENOLOGY on your new system. Our instruments are native to Apple Silicon systems in their AU format, and VST's are in progress. At this time, we are cautioning against using the Roland Cloud Collection with Ventura while we are still testing the system. We are actively investigating issues relating to Ventura now, so please feel free to Contact Support through the lower left menu of Roland Cloud Manager and we'll take care of you. Thanks!
Fraxis

Post by Fraxis »

BrianMcClelland wrote: 18:10, 21 November 2022
motnaf wrote: 07:09, 20 November 2022 I came here for the same problem. Thank you for your help @BrianMcClelland !
You got it, motnaf. We're working to get everything updated for the new systems, so if you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to reach out to me and I'll assist. Thanks! 🙌
Brian, you have been saying this (particularly with regard to the AS native Logic Pro DAW control plug-in) for the best part of two years now! What evidence at all can you give us that any really dev work is going on here please? Seems like the dev team can update Zenology every other week, but yet are continuing to ignore this plug-in.
Aqueum

Post by Aqueum »

You are using incompatible Audio Units.
Dear Logic Pro user, you have 6 Audio Unit(s) enabled which did not pass the Apple AU validation. This may cause problems and can even crash Logic Pro or lead to data loss! Please check with the manufacturer(s) for updated versions. We recommend disabling these plug-ins in the Plug-In Manager.
This really doesn't inspire confidence, and we have to [Ignore] this warning every time we open Logic after implementing Roland's "fix"

@BrianMcClelland might you be able to give an ETA for the update?

I intend to buy the perpetual license, as Zenology Pro is the only Roland Cloud app you can create scenes for Aerophone AE-20/30's in, but can't as long as it risks crashes and data loss.
mibolux

Post by mibolux »

End of January,,, still"working on a fix" ??? You must be skiing...
steingrimur

Post by steingrimur »

I had the most intelligent and fairly witty response in January that an updating is coming "later this year".

While the support team does their job extremely well with amazing response time, the slow updates, variable plug-in performance and missing basic features such as patch changes over MIDI makes me wonder if they are having some serious issues with their dev team.
8bitmusic

Post by 8bitmusic »

Thanks for the fix! but I hate the Roland Cloud! I have had so many issues with CPU and registering my product! The Juno 106 sounds amazing but it is almost not worth using because of the issues! Roland please switch to a one time register for products like other VSTs!!!
Aqueum

Post by Aqueum »

8bitmusic wrote: 17:02, 24 February 2023 Thanks for the fix!
Has anything been fixed? I just updated Roland Cloud Manager and reinstalled Zenology (v 1.6.5) but Logic's Plugin Manager is still saying 'failed validation'.