Some issues with Roland Cloud and Cubase

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
rolandchamp

Some issues with Roland Cloud and Cubase

Post by rolandchamp »

Hello,
I am not sure if this is the best place to post, but I don't see anywhere else really to post this issue.

I am having some issues with XV-5080 with Cubase, happening on 2 different computers of mine. I can't completely reproduce it but it is giving me crashes when working with some projects in Cubase 12. Right now it is usually crashing when I press num pad 1 to return to start of track where left locator is, then press play.
Unless this is able to be fixed I won't be able to continue using this instrument, which is the one I primarily wanted.

Specs
Win11/10
Cubase 12.0.60
latest Roland Cloud all updated (VST 2 version)

Other issue: Text garbled on GUI with add on packs

Other Feedback:
Sounds really good, but it would be nice to be able to browse patches without losing all other commands. Currently when I open the patch selector I can't do anything else except choose a patch. Sometimes you want to be able to still play or use transport controls, for example. Most other VSTi's allow for this.
thanks!
Attachments
crash.JPG
crash.JPG (107.9 KiB) Viewed 1594 times
xv5080 1.JPG
xv5080 1.JPG (58.29 KiB) Viewed 1595 times
JSRoland1031

Re: Some issues with Roland Cloud and Cubase

Post by JSRoland1031 »

rolandchamp wrote: 17:05, 24 May 2023 Hello,
I am not sure if this is the best place to post, but I don't see anywhere else really to post this issue.

I am having some issues with XV-5080 with Cubase, happening on 2 different computers of mine. I can't completely reproduce it but it is giving me crashes when working with some projects in Cubase 12. Right now it is usually crashing when I press num pad 1 to return to start of track where left locator is, then press play.
Unless this is able to be fixed I won't be able to continue using this instrument, which is the one I primarily wanted.

Specs
Win11/10
Cubase 12.0.60
latest Roland Cloud all updated (VST 2 version)

Other issue: Text garbled on GUI with add on packs

Other Feedback:
Sounds really good, but it would be nice to be able to browse patches without losing all other commands. Currently when I open the patch selector I can't do anything else except choose a patch. Sometimes you want to be able to still play or use transport controls, for example. Most other VSTi's allow for this.
thanks!
Hi Rolandchamp! Jon from Roland Cloud here. Really appreciate the detailed information you gave us surrounding the issues you're having. It helps us greatly when it comes to testing. So far we've tested the issue on Cubase and were unable to recreate the error. For the time being we recommend using the VST3 version of the XV-5080 instead of the VST2. In general VST3's seem to work better in Cubase. If the error still occurs let us know and we are happy to assist further. As for the obscured patch name text, one workaround is to edit the name of the patch file to something shorter. This glitch occurs when the name is too long. The patch names are stored in C:\ProgramData\Roland Cloud\XV-5080 and you'll see the factory patch banks labeled as "PR-A.bin, PR-B. bin" etc.. if you abbreviate the patch names that appear distorted this should solve the problem. Let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks. :)
danx

Re: Some issues with Roland Cloud and Cubase

Post by danx »

Same here:
"Other issue: Text garbled on GUI with add on packs"

Cubase Pro 12.0.60
Windows 11
All updated
Attachments
Roland.png
Roland.png (363.62 KiB) Viewed 1563 times