XV-5080 latest update - graphics issues

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
Fraxis

XV-5080 latest update - graphics issues

Post by Fraxis »

Looks like this wasn't properly checked before it was launched! The patch name isn't displaying correctly on Apple Silcon Macs with the new update, with the text overlapping on itself. I have tried it in Logic, Reason, Zenbeat and DSP-Quattro. Same issue at all size scaling, and with both Audio Unit and VST. Intel version seems fine. Tried deleting and reinstalling it from scratch too. Anyone else getting the same?
devonrose

Re: XV-5080 latest update - graphics issues

Post by devonrose »

I too am having serious bugs and issues with the M1/M2 versions of all the Roland Cloud software; I don't think any of it is ready for prime time yet despite Roland claming otherwise. You could try opening a ticket with their support team to see if they'll offer any solutions, but I doubt it as they could always blame your DAW.

I think we just need to wait a bit longer for Roland to get the software more mature and hopefully all of these problems will be resolved!
JSRoland1031

Re: XV-5080 latest update - graphics issues

Post by JSRoland1031 »

Fraxis wrote: 10:59, 8 August 2023 Looks like this wasn't properly checked before it was launched! The patch name isn't displaying correctly on Apple Silicon Macs with the new update, with the text overlapping on itself. I have tried it in Logic, Reason, Zenbeat and DSP-Quattro. Same issue at all size scaling, and with both Audio Unit and VST. Intel version seems fine. Tried deleting and reinstalling it from scratch too. Anyone else getting the same?
Hey Praxis! Jon from Roland Cloud here. Unfortunately this didn't make into the latest round of updates. This issue is occurring because the name is too long. If you would like to work around, you can rename the patch name to something smaller. The patch names are stored in C:\ProgramData\Roland Cloud\XV-5080 and you'll see the factory patch banks labeled "PR-A.bin, PR-B. bin" etc.. By abbreviating the patch names, it should resolve the issue. And hopefully it will be resolved next time. Thanks for the feedback!