Ventura 13.6 causing RCM authorization issues?

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
danhostler1985

Ventura 13.6 causing RCM authorization issues?

Post by danhostler1985 »

I am trying to run my Roland instruments on GarageBand and I keep getting a message that says "Authorization Error - RCM Service not connected. Error connecting to Roland Cloud Manager Service."

This makes no sense because I am logged into my accounts and my Roland Cloud membership is active. I am using RCM is version 3.0.3 which is the latest.

I ran through the re-install/update steps that tech support gave but to no avail. RCM was working fine yesterday morning. I then updated my Mac to Ventura 13.6 as I had to and then after the update is when Roland had these connection issues. Could that have something to do with it? I still do not have Roland working.

Anyone else having these issues after the upgrade to Ventura 13.6? Is there an available fix? Thanks.
JSRoland1031

Re: Ventura 13.6 causing RCM authorization issues?

Post by JSRoland1031 »

danhostler1985 wrote: 17:08, 22 September 2023 I am trying to run my Roland instruments on GarageBand and I keep getting a message that says "Authorization Error - RCM Service not connected. Error connecting to Roland Cloud Manager Service."

This makes no sense because I am logged into my accounts and my Roland Cloud membership is active. I am using RCM is version 3.0.3 which is the latest.

I ran through the re-install/update steps that tech support gave but to no avail. RCM was working fine yesterday morning. I then updated my Mac to Ventura 13.6 as I had to and then after the update is when Roland had these connection issues. Could that have something to do with it? I still do not have Roland working.

Anyone else having these issues after the upgrade to Ventura 13.6? Is there an available fix? Thanks.
Hey danhostler1985! Jon from Roland Cloud here. Sorry to hear you are having this issue. We highly recommend that you update all your devices to the most recent versions of your OS, DAW as well as Roland Cloud Manager to get the best results. We have made tons of improvements to authorization but errors are still possible. After you've updated everything and you've restarted your machine, if you are still seeing the same issue, it would be very helpful to us if you report it through our customer support portal so we can try and figure out where its coming from. Thanks so much for the feedback!